1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

'Blank SD Card error message'

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cgfw201, Aug 19, 2012.

1. cgfw201

cgfw201 Well-Known Member

Hi
    Had my s3 for a month, and have been using a 32gb micro sd to store all my photos on it. Tonight I am getting an error notification on the phone saying
    'Blank SD Card, SD card blank or has unsupported file system.'

What on earth is this about?! Been fine for a month, has about 3gb of pictures on it and can't access them on phone or computer now. Have taken it out and put back in, restarted phone etc but no change.

Any help would be great.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cgfw201

Nobody else had this problem? Googling has pulled up some issues with people with Galaxy Notes, can't find much on S3s though.

3. moonlitday

moonlitday Newbie

Sounds like your SD card died. My 16 gb died (wont format , can't save pics, phone picks it up intermittently) but i was able to get my stuff off it.

4. phillyphill39

phillyphill39 Newbie

yeah the sd card is probably dead if you cant format in the phone or using a different device/computer. I just bought a 32gb from best buy and it was DOA had the same issue had to return it get a new one.

5. cgfw201

how annoying. will get a new one.

6. smaegley

smaegley Lurker

I got the exact same message last night. Verizon just pushed me a system update yesterday.

7. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the S3 has issues with 32GB cards? The one I bought lasted just long enough to get stuck with it. I bought a 16GB and, fingers crossed, so far so good.

There was another thread the other day where the OP was talking about the S3 needing to have the card formatted in a specific format. Can anyone elaborate on this or provide a reference source? I formatted the 32 GB with the phone which should have sufficed, but I don't know.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews