• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blank sd card or unsupported file system

Gtokuno

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
Hi everyone,

My brother just bought a Milestone and he's having problems with the SD card (8gb). What happens is that he put some music on his phone, and with the program Ringdroid, began to cut some songs. Then, the phone began to crash, he restarted it. After restarting, the device didn't recognize the memory, saying "Blank sd card or unsupported system", occasionally rebooting, indicates that it was removed.

I have looked in other threads and google it, but found nothing useful. I can't unmount or format it from the phone. And as I have the G1, I put my card (that works) on Milestone and got the same problem, so I think it's not the SD.

*Ahh, and i've already formatted it, nothing...

Any ideas?

Any luck with Re-Flashing the Milestone? I'm keeping an eye on this thread because I'm having the same problem with my LG Ally.

I'll have to look up for how to re-flash my device (not sure what it means), but I'll give it a try as long as it won't damage my device.

Reflashing means to unlock the phone commonly known as rooting. You can also reflash back to the original one .. and yes there is a possibility you can brick(damage) the phone.

I would try re-formatting it..

Reactions: jerry42570
Upvote 0
Sorry for the late guys.

I don't really know what reflashing means (brazilian here), and saying to unlock the phone rooting it doesn't gives me any clue on how i can get started...

Rooting would mean formatting to zero? Then unlocking it?

And as i've previously said, re-formatting didn't work out =(

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late guys.

I don't really know what reflashing means (brazilian here), and saying to unlock the phone rooting it doesn't gives me any clue on how i can get started...

Rooting would mean formatting to zero? Then unlocking it?

And as i've previously said, re-formatting didn't work out =(

Have you tried a usb card reader to format the memory stick?
and root=unlock=flashing firmware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones