1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

BLE Scanning scan very few advertisements on one device versus others

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Ashveer Ramparsad, Jun 10, 2021 at 9:46 AM.

1. Ashveer Ramparsad

Hi

I have built a BLE scanning application and on a Mecer tablet device running Android 7, the Scan Results has lots of advertisements as compared to a Webfleet PRO 8475 running android 9 which has very few advertisements scanned everry second. Any suggestions on what could be wrong, the Android 9 scan misses most of my BLE beacons but the Android 7 scans all beacons.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

No idea what the actual problem is.

But FWIW I never see any Google's ads now on any device that's logged into my Google Account, like YouTube, etc.

svim likes this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

You're apparently doing a one-to-one comparison of two different things. Bluetooth Low Energy is basically used in the market sector. Companies use BLE to push their ads to mobile devices within range. Conversely, a Webfleet Pro 8475 is a task-specific device to be used in traffic situations.
    Ads popping up in your app are expected, an indication the app is working properly. Ads showing up on a Webfleet device would be an annoying distraction.
    https://www.webfleet.com/en_us/webfleet/products/pro/

ocnbrze, puppykickr and mikedt like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I genuinely cannot think why anyone would want ads appearing like that, but each to their own.

ocnbrze likes this.