1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Blinking Green Light after reboot/battery pull

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nx01, Sep 18, 2011.

1. nx01

nx01 Guest
    None
    Whenever I reboot my phone or pull the battery, my indicator light flashes green after the screen goes to sleep. When I wake the phone to check for notifications I have no voicemails, missed calls, missed texts, GMails, or anything. Then it finally goes away after a using the phone for a bit. This happening to others too?

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Do you have any other email accounts setup on the phone? Twitter or Facebook notifications?

3. nx01

nx01 Guest
    None
    I do have a couple yahoo accounts setup... I checked them and they had no new email either. I do not have facebook or twitter setup on my phone.

4. JRJ

JRJ Member
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    So-Cal
    Mine did this too plus I was having really bad battery life and a high cell standby % that was virtually unaffected by any use of the phone. I exchanged my Bionic for a new one and now my battery last almost twice as long as it did on the first one, my cell standby adjust based on use and the led no longer blinks for no reason.

5. TyrannoTaurus

TyrannoTaurus Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    The EXACT same thing happens on my Droid 3. Must be some weird Motorola issue. It's more of an annoyance more than anything, since it normally stops within 10 minutes or so of just using my phone.

6. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    I could not find it written anywhere ... I was confused for a while ... I believe it is just telling you that there is a Notification that you have not viewed.

Pull down the notification overlay and check.

I use VolumerPro and it defaults to posting a notification when it loads. This turns on the blinking green light.

... Thom

7. mhynek

mhynek Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Albeit intermittently, mine is behaving the same way. I'm using Launcher Pro and wonder if there's something going on in the other "Home" environment that's causing the issue? I will check with Home Switcher next time it happens and report back.

8. TyrannoTaurus

TyrannoTaurus Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    Alright, well this still happens on my Droid 3, but I think I just had a breakthrough. Restarted my phone, light starts blinking for no reason. There are absolutely no notifications in the notification bar, however, if i pull down on it and bring it back up... the light stops flashing. Give it a shot.

Nuke420 likes this.
  9. Nuke420

Nuke420 Lurker
    None

Oct 7, 2011
    This happens sometimes on my Bionic after a reboot, but after just doing what you suggested the light went away. Must be some sort of moto bug. I too use a different launcher (GO Launcher EX). Maybe that is why, but thank you for your help.

-n4-

10. rickdog

rickdog Lurker
    None

May 20, 2010
    ha! i just had this happen for the first time on my droid bionic and i did the pull-down thing that was suggested and it worked! sweet!