1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blinking Orange/green light

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by letusrewind, Feb 7, 2011.

1. letusrewind

letusrewind Lurker

So I was at a friend's house last night watching the Super Bowl and my phone died. (No big deal usually) but on my way to work this morning i tried plugging it into the car charger and i let it sit for a minute not even paying attention to the phone. I tried to turn it on and no luck. when I got to work I tried plugging it into the wall and let it sit for a minute, and it would not turn on. I then noticed the light is flashing orange (sometimes) and sometimes its flashing orange/green. The phone never over heated or anything it just simply went dead.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Most likely a dead battery. You will need to let it charge for at least 20 mins before it works. Try doing a full charge (or 2 hours with stock battery) with phone off. Then it should be fine if it's just a battery issue.

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Have you also tried taking the battery out and putting it back in?

4. letusrewind

letusrewind Lurker

I have tried taking the battery out multiple times, one of the times I left the battery out for close to an hour before putting it back in. I am leaving it on the charger now... but I dont think it is working.

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Is the light still blinking? It could be different things. The best thing to do if you can't get it on still is to take it to spring, and have them test it with a different battery.

6. letusrewind

letusrewind Lurker

Yes it is still blinking, sometimes it slowly blinks orange and other times its a orange green combo blink.

7. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

That isn't normal. I'd say take it to Sprint at this point.

8. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Many HTC phones have had blinking orange or alternating blinking green-orange to indicate overheating. It may not be something you notice but can still be happening. Are you using the OEM charger? Does it happen with USB charging (USB rarely puts out enough charge to overheat phones)?

Straight green led blinking usually is an indicator of received message, email, or other notification.

9. letusrewind

letusrewind Lurker

It is defiantly not over heating though, like I said it went dead last night and when I put it on the charger this morning it started doing that. so it was defiantly cooled down when it did it.

10. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Ok. I don't think HTC has this in their error codes, but it's been the finding from previous phones. It certainly was the case with the TP2s.

Not sure what the issue is so you probably will need to head to a Sprint repair center.

11. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast

This happened to me on Saturday morning. Friday night I plugged it into my USB hub using a thin USB cable that I hadn't used before. Said it was charging. Saturday morning there was no green light indicating a full charge. No light at all. Wouldn't turn on. When I plugged it into 110, it started blinking orange (but no green). After about 20 minutes the blinking orange turned into solid orange and after a couple hours it turned solid green. Started it up and no problems since.

Not all USB cables are created equally.

12. letusrewind

letusrewind Lurker

Thanks for the help everyone,

I went to the sprint store today during lunch, and they just simply put a new battery in it and it worked. so they sent me on my way with the new battery. Told me that it was because I let it die, that I should cut it off before it dies completely next time ( DUH, would have done this in the first place but I think I was too drunk). Oh well got a new battery free of charge so I can't complain.. Thanks!

13. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Good for you. That was my first guess. The phone should have shut down before completely draining the battery and the battery should have stopped full depletion, but nothing's 100% foolproof.

You got a new battery when Sprint didn't have to. I got a new Evo (broken usb port) when Sprint didn't have to. Two people that Sprint did right!:D

14. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Android Enthusiast

I would think that there would be circuitry in the phone to shut it down before the battery dies completely. Otherwise there would be a lot of people waking up in the morning to dead phones. Me thinks the Sprint guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

15. duster22

duster22 Lurker

Fixed my EVO blinking amber/orange light by changing the charging cable; I saw this suggestion on another post. My Evo would not turn on or charge whether plugged into my computer via USB or into a wall outlet. After plugging in with an extra charging cable I had, the amber/orange light blinked a few times and then became solid. At this point my Evo was able to be powered on.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews