• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blinking Orange/green light

So I was at a friend's house last night watching the Super Bowl and my phone died. (No big deal usually) but on my way to work this morning i tried plugging it into the car charger and i let it sit for a minute not even paying attention to the phone. I tried to turn it on and no luck. when I got to work I tried plugging it into the wall and let it sit for a minute, and it would not turn on. I then noticed the light is flashing orange (sometimes) and sometimes its flashing orange/green. The phone never over heated or anything it just simply went dead.

Many HTC phones have had blinking orange or alternating blinking green-orange to indicate overheating. It may not be something you notice but can still be happening. Are you using the OEM charger? Does it happen with USB charging (USB rarely puts out enough charge to overheat phones)?

Straight green led blinking usually is an indicator of received message, email, or other notification.

Upvote 0
It is defiantly not over heating though, like I said it went dead last night and when I put it on the charger this morning it started doing that. so it was defiantly cooled down when it did it.

Ok. I don't think HTC has this in their error codes, but it's been the finding from previous phones. It certainly was the case with the TP2s.

Not sure what the issue is so you probably will need to head to a Sprint repair center.

Upvote 0
This happened to me on Saturday morning. Friday night I plugged it into my USB hub using a thin USB cable that I hadn't used before. Said it was charging. Saturday morning there was no green light indicating a full charge. No light at all. Wouldn't turn on. When I plugged it into 110, it started blinking orange (but no green). After about 20 minutes the blinking orange turned into solid orange and after a couple hours it turned solid green. Started it up and no problems since.

Not all USB cables are created equally.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help everyone,

I went to the sprint store today during lunch, and they just simply put a new battery in it and it worked. so they sent me on my way with the new battery. Told me that it was because I let it die, that I should cut it off before it dies completely next time ( DUH, would have done this in the first place but I think I was too drunk). Oh well got a new battery free of charge so I can't complain.. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help everyone,

I went to the sprint store today during lunch, and they just simply put a new battery in it and it worked. so they sent me on my way with the new battery. Told me that it was because I let it die, that I should cut it off before it dies completely next time ( DUH, would have done this in the first place but I think I was too drunk). Oh well got a new battery free of charge so I can't complain.. Thanks!

Good for you. That was my first guess. The phone should have shut down before completely draining the battery and the battery should have stopped full depletion, but nothing's 100% foolproof.

You got a new battery when Sprint didn't have to. I got a new Evo (broken usb port) when Sprint didn't have to. Two people that Sprint did right!:D

Upvote 0
Fixed my EVO blinking amber/orange light by changing the charging cable; I saw this suggestion on another post. My Evo would not turn on or charge whether plugged into my computer via USB or into a wall outlet. After plugging in with an extra charging cable I had, the amber/orange light blinked a few times and then became solid. At this point my Evo was able to be powered on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones