• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bloatware returning with Titanium Backup

mbuckner

Lurker
May 5, 2011
After battling trying to get my MT4G rooted (Visionary+ r14 would not but r11 would?), I was able to to root with Visionary+ r11 (latest version of Superuser and SU binary installed).

I can uninstall bloatware with the latest version of Titanium Backup (3.9.0), but when I reooot, it returns. Any suggestions?

My previous MT4G rooted with r14 and I uninstalled all the bloatware with Titanium Backup (which had an exploit script of some sort and caused the phone to reboot with each app I uninstalled but it did not return). This version of TB seems to do things differently.

How do I get to where the Bloatware does not return? If I permroot, how do I update say when Gingerbread or the next "OS" comes out?

UPDATE - call it operator headspace, an ID10T error, a blonde moment, whatever, but I fgured it out. If in TB, you do a long press as opposed to a quick press/uninstall, you will get an advanced menu that brings up "special features' and allows you to Force Remove APP using the the recovery exploit developed by Paul O'Brien (thanks and praise to this guy... he's an android genius). This permanently removes the app in question.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones