• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bloatware Zte Zmax pro Z981

Hey there!!!!
I have a Z981 Zte Zmax thru MetroPCS. I was wondering if anyone had a list of any or all bloatware that can be safely removed?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thx

Hi, post a list of your bloatware you're wanting to remove. NOTE: Removing any device systems Apps may affect the performance on how your device operates or if it operates at all. Any pre- install games are always the safest to remove.

Reactions: conkerriot
Upvote 0
Hi, post a list of your bloatware you're wanting to remove. NOTE: Removing any device systems Apps may affect the performance on how your device operates or if it operates at all. Any pre- install games are always the safest to remove.
Com.android.bookmarkprovider
Com.zte.appwidget.calender
Com.android.documentsui
Com.android.exchange
Com.qualcomm.qti.auth.fidocryptoservice
Com.google.android.backuptransport
Com.google.android.onetimeinitalizer
Com.google.android.partnersetup
Com.google.android.instantapps.supervisor
Com.google.android.tts
Com.android.statementservice
Com.android.keychain
Com.qualcomm.location.ext
Com.qualcomm.location
Com.android.providers.media
Com.android.musicfx
Com.android.printspooler
Com.qualcomm.qti.auth.sampleauthenticatorservice
Com.qapp.secprotect
Com.google.android.setupwizard
Com.google.android.marvin.talkback
Com.zte.daemon
Com.android.carrierconfig
Com.android.framwork.telresources
Com.android.managedprovisioning
Com.android.sharedstoragebackup
Com.example.chromecustomization
Com.qti.dpmserviceapp
Com.qti.primarycardcontroller
Com.qti.service.colorservice
Com.qti.xdivert
Com.qualcomm.atfwd
Com.qualcomm.qti.ims
Com.qualcomm.qti.rcsimsbootstraputil
Com.qualcomm.shutdownlistener
Com.qualcomm.timeservice
Com.quicinc.cne.cneservice
Now I know this is alot, probably a ridiculous amount, but the reason for me wanting to rid myself these are that I see them running constantly and I notice that they seem to be transferring data. I would like my phone to be a ' well oiled machine ' so to speak.
Any information on any of the stated packages and apps would be greatly appreciated as well. I can't seem to find straight forward answer when I Google them. So if u suggest any of the above items may be taken off can u please list a short summary of what the item does?
Also the way I have been able to do this is by uninstalling them with ADB from my PC. I believe this only rids them on the profile typed into the Command promt and they will still technically be on my phone, but I've notice that they no longer appear and when I check I do not see them running in anyway, and that's good enough for me. Unlike the disable and force stop options, they do not restart after a few moments and I've been able to get rid of ones that wouldn't give me the option to disable in the first place, such as Google playmusic, movies, wallpapers, etc.

Upvote 0
Yo,
Use Package disabler 1.1.4(The app has a blue icon with a white android man logo with a snowflake pattern in the center)
skip the following,
Com.android.documentsui
Com.android.keychain
Com.qualcomm.location.ext(not sure, maybe you can)
Com.qualcomm.location(not sure, maybe you can)

Not sure about the ones below
Com.qti.dpmserviceapp
Com.qti.xdivert
Com.qualcomm.atfwd
Com.qualcomm.qti.ims
Com.qualcomm.timeservice

Try trashing them one by one if you really want too and post results good luck...
And remember pimping ain't easy...

Reactions: conkerriot
Upvote 0
Yo,
Use Package disabler 1.1.4(The app has a blue icon with a white android man logo with a snowflake pattern in the center)
skip the following,
Com.android.documentsui
Com.android.keychain
Com.qualcomm.location.ext(not sure, maybe you can)
Com.qualcomm.location(not sure, maybe you can)
Not sure about the ones below
Com.qti.dpmserviceapp
Com.qti.xdivert
Com.qualcomm.atfwd
Com.qualcomm.qti.ims
Com.qualcomm.timeservice
Try trashing them one by one if you really want too and post results good luck...
And remember pimping ain't easy...
Pimpin, My Good sir, indeed is never easy.
Thanks, I'll knock em out one by one and post results.

Upvote 0
It seems that the Qti ones seem to be interactions with hardware and the qualcomms seems to be the same. I've noticed that when I got my replacement ( same phone ) that they sent a big wall charger with it. On it has the name Qualcomm 2.0 so I feel as if removing these will cause some problems. So far I've had no luck discovering what the above app/apks/settings will do if removed.
So here I stand with hope in my hand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones