1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Block Call Apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rdlza, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Rdlza

Rdlza Newbie
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Any suggestions, or recommendations for the best app(s) for having incoming calls blocked?

Advertisement

2. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I swear my telemarketing calls only got worse once I started using those.

My advice, download google voice. You have to set up your account on a desktop PC (can't do it with the app). Google Voice will allow you to blacklist any numbers. It wont even allow the call to go to your phone. It will play a message to the blacklisted, "this number no longer in service."

Also, it will transcribe your voicemails. The best part is...its all FREE!

3. gregs887

gregs887 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Moorpark, CA
  4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    It's not an app but GV is excellent at this. One benefit to using GV is that calls that GV blocks do not count against you. If you use an app to block calls then your device has to receive the call in order for the app to block the call. From a billing perspective you've received that call, if it matters to you.

You also have the option of letting unwanted calls go to voicemail and having the VM automatically deleted all without your knowledge.

5. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    GV is pretty cool. I have yet to really explore all its features. I want the blacklisted to receive that message because I only blacklist telemarketers. Their computers will delete your number from their call lists if it receives that message (supposedly).

Actually, with Sprint's recent integration, GV is an app which you will need to download from the market, but the setup has to be done on a desktop. The UI of the actual app for the phone is buggy and slow, but works well enough for now. All SMS and voicemail now go to the GV app and you open it to view/listen. For some reason, only MMS still have to route through the messaging app on the phone.