• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Block private calls???

neversatisfied

Feb 8, 2010
i have tried nearly ever single application on the market that claims to block private numbers but it none of them work for me... Idk if its because of the Sprint service or the applications just dont work.

I know GBlocker blocks the calls. But it dont block the texts, or prevent it from going to voicemail. Nor does it block private calls.

There was this other one I had that blocked calls too but same thing with GBlocker.

What i dont understand is that if you choose the option "BLOCK ALL CALLS" it will then block private calls. But the option to just block the private calls fails to work.

Is there anything out there that actually works? I have considered buying extreme blocker for $5 but whats the point if it might not work?

When blocked numbers call, i dont want their voicemails. Nor do I wanna know their calling. This was always a problem with the Sprint service.

Reactions: nurseicu
You can get Google Voice. That will block em for ya.

Don't you need to be accepted to use Google voice?

you can set restricted calls straight to voice mail..

go to contacts make a "Restricted" contact..

scroll down and choose "Send calls directly to voicemail"

you'll never hear a restricted/blocked call ever again...

That actually worked lol. But isn't there a way to just drop the call? I really don't wanna give private callers the satisfaction of leaving a message.

afirewall on the market..]

no more blocked numbers for me, or anyone I dont want to hear from :)

Are you on Sprint? Because i have used aFirewall and it didn't block the private numbers at all. Just the entered in numbers.

Also. I noticed that GBlocker doesn't block them from texting me. I had my friends cell added as block Call and SMS and it blocked the call then texted her my custom message, but when she sent me a text, it went through and it didnt text her back. Is there some other program for this?

Upvote 0
Don't you need to be accepted to use Google voice?

That actually worked lol. But isn't there a way to just drop the call? I really don't wanna give private callers the satisfaction of leaving a message.

Are you on Sprint? Because i have used aFirewall and it didn't block the private numbers at all. Just the entered in numbers.

Also. I noticed that GBlocker doesn't block them from texting me. I had my friends cell added as block Call and SMS and it blocked the call then texted her my custom message, but when she sent me a text, it went through and it didnt text her back. Is there some other program for this?

yup. I emailed the maker and he made a version for me for the hero that worked PERFECT

Upvote 0
I honestly have no clue how to do that

Get AppManager and go into the application. Find your version of aFirewall and click it. Then click "backup to SD". Then upload it somewhere and send me the link :D

Or if you have another application that allows you to backup apps to sd. I even have App Installer for when I back them up to my SD so then i can reinstall without plugging it into PC. Probably the best 2 App's I ever owned lol.

Upvote 0
no...just delete their voicemails if u know who it is..

I can do that, or call the police for harassment instead of trying to find a app to solve my problem like most people who complain about stalkers lol.

But I know the pro version of aFirewall sends the caller a busy signal. I am not sure if that feature works for Sprint on the sprint version or not.

Upvote 0
I can do that, or call the police for harassment instead of trying to find a app to solve my problem like most people who complain about stalkers lol.

Hahaha, you can call SPRINT as well, I do believe they will block harassing numbers for free.

I recorded the old' error - the number you are trying to call has been disconnected... lol and put it as my message, lmao, that got rid of a lot of unwanted calls... lol, but some of my friends who were UNAWARE thought I disappeared too... hahaha...

:)

Upvote 0
If i must, I can just go to this one website I heard about from a guy on Youtube and everytime a private number calls, you decline it, then the call is redirected to a server where it finds their name, address, and phone number, then you can answer it and mess with them big time as they wonder "wtf? I blocked my phone!!!" lol.

I think it cost like $5 a month for that service.

And thanks for the info about the 24 hour refund policy. Never knew about that. Makes it much more easier :D

Upvote 0
i have tried nearly ever single application on the market that claims to block private numbers but it none of them work for me... Idk if its because of the Sprint service or the applications just dont work.

I know GBlocker blocks the calls. But it dont block the texts, or prevent it from going to voicemail. Nor does it block private calls.

There was this other one I had that blocked calls too but same thing with GBlocker.

What i dont understand is that if you choose the option "BLOCK ALL CALLS" it will then block private calls. But the option to just block the private calls fails to work.

Is there anything out there that actually works? I have considered buying extreme blocker for $5 but whats the point if it might not work?

When blocked numbers call, i dont want their voicemails. Nor do I wanna know their calling. This was always a problem with the Sprint service.

Dont answer send the call to voice mail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones