1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Block Text Messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carme4, Nov 1, 2014.

1. carme4

carme4 Member

I just heard with 4.4 Kitkat you can't block text messages like before (which I never had to do until I lost my cat and put up signs all over town and got weirdos texting me.) Does anyone recommend a particular app for that?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. maiahsdad

maiahsdad Lurker

I'm having the same issue. I am also looking for an app where I can block BOTH calls and texts. I'm so frustrated.

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

4. maiahsdad

maiahsdad Lurker

One of the first ones I tried. Doesn't work. But I really appreciate you weighing in on this for me. It's been a frustrating change from iphone. I'm still trying to get to announce calls and read text messages and emails to me like I could on the iPhone while I am driving.

5. carme4

carme4 Member

I've solved the problem. I download Call Control to block unwanted calls and ChompSMS as my new default SMS app which also can block text messages. Let me tell you I have been having so much fun for the past 24 hours playing with CHOMPSMS and changing my themes, settings, etc. What a great app!!!

As for having something like Siri to read your texts and emails I have found the app UTTER, amazing. It works in conjunction with Google Now. You can set it so that if Utter can't help you it will default to Google Now. Only thing is when it defaults it doesn't speak the answer. You can put it in wake up mode and say "wake up" and ask it to read texts, emails, etc. Also a good call and text announcer is CALLER NAME ANNOUNCER. I have it set to announce my incoming calls and texts so I can hear who is contacting me when my phone is in my purse or I'm in the other room or upstairs. You can set it to also read your texts, or to prompt you by asking if you want it to read your texts. Between those three things I think you are good to go, at least I am!!! Hope this helps!!!

Podivin and maiahsdad like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews