1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

block your # when making phone call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 350zx6r, Sep 5, 2011.

1. 350zx6r

350zx6r Well-Known Member

sorry but I didnt find what I was looking for. im not sure if this has to do with the rom im using. mik2.5 but im unable to hide my number when making a phone call. is this not an option using this rom or this phone? I think *69 is kind of inconvenient. thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I'm sorry, what are you trying to do? Block your number from who?

Consider me confused.

3. 350zx6r

when calling somebody else or making an outbound call, so your number doesnt show on their caller id. usually you can accomplish this by using *69 but "most" phones come with this option built in.

4. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Wow. I had no idea of that feature.

I always thought that * 69 was a re-dial feature from the 90s lol

Does this cost more than a normal call? (any added charges?)

5. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

your not the only one cuz ive never seen this feature either lol

6. 350zx6r

Hmm wow ok. maybe things havent changed but my 2005 at&t windows 5 phone had that feature.

7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

@DaRayvn: Cool, I was beginning to feel like a real goober.. :D

@350: It might be a carrier feature? It's not something I've ever tried to do (or had a need to do).

Without things getting too personal, can I ask what you're using this feature for? (I'm picturing awesome prank phone calls)

argedion and 350zx6r like this.
  8. DaRayvn

to be honest i kinda wish i had that feature cuz i was thinking the same thing lol...

9. 350zx6r

yeah.... if you wanna call somebody but you dont wanna give them your number. if you know what i mean. :)

10. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

lmao, that just gave me a weird 'stalker' vibe lol.

I know if you pay for skype or something like that, the skype number comes up, but it constantly changes, so it's not like it's linked to you.

(One of my friends and his roommate did prank calls to our old highschool pals with this - or so I've been told)

11. mikem0269

mikem0269 Android Expert

*69 is a call back code for land lines I believe *70 will block the number but again thats for a land line I dont know if it will work on cell.

12. DaRayvn

i know you can call your cell phone carrier and request a line block on your number....i dont know if it costs anything though....i think they give you the code if you dont want it blocked on a call by call basis....otherwise every call you make your number is permantely blocked unless you type the code in first to make it show up....

13. desrt35

desrt35 Lurker

If you have Sprint, just log into your account and go to the device/number you want to block; go to Change My Services and there is a check box. Costs nothing. This will block all outgoing caller ID. Or you can use Google Voice and just dial out with it. That's what I do, and any incoming calls to that number go straight to VM, and then I get a text ref the VM. Any incoming for my actual carrier number rings through.

14. jon.u113

jon.u113 Member

i have always used *67 to block any outbound calls *69 is call back i believe

15. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

*67 is the correct code, I used it just two days ago.

16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Or for even more fun...

On my old blackberry curve I had an application called bluffmycall.

You could type in the number that you wanted to show up on their caller ID... and if they have that number in their address book it comes up with that persons name and information.

Now THAT lead to many fun times.

17. DaRayvn

LMAO now i would definately do something like that haha....

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews