1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

BlockBreaker 3

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by vic121, Jul 31, 2016.

1. vic121

vic121 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    Hi all,
    So I have a question if a super developer would be able to take on the challenge?

There is a Game called BlockBreaker 3 that was developed by Gameloft a few years ago. Thing is, it seems as if Gameloft kinda abandoned the game instead of improving it. this game was created with code that would make it so that it would check a "Compatible" list of Android phones and would not work if your phone is "not compatible". Now the LG Volt is "Not Compatible" but when I used a slightly modified version of the APK it work pretty well so it really is compatible but Gameloft never got around to redoing the original app.

Would a developer maybe be able to fix the game since I think its now out of copyright and make it work with newer phones?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Not being supported isn't necessarily the same as being out of copyright so I'm not sure Gameloft would take to kindly to someone modifying what's theirs and as such, I'm not overly comfortable with this request.

Was it a paid game? If not, there's no harm in contacting Gameloft to see if they''ll send you the apk file.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Wasn't Block Breaker really just a version of Arkanoid? And the original game was really Breakout, from Atari in 1970s. Bouncing a ball around the screen, demolishing blocks. Any patents have long expired.

Perhaps could write some original code and game that does same or similar thing.

4. vic121

vic121 Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2016
    I think the original one was a paid version but then they released a BlockBreaker3Free+ which was a "freemium" version of the game(free to get, but gameloft was supported by buying addons). The free+ version no one has ever modified it so it wont play on any phone unless made compatible which I think could be worked out with some code changes.

5. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Doesn't matter if it was 'Free' or 'Freemium' or 'Free+' If Gameloft wrote it a 'few years ago' its under their copyright... so ask Gameloft, or find something else to play....

steiny180 and El Presidente like this.