• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blockbuster app removal, may want to keep? Anyone used it?

gobige

Jun 24, 2011
As a Netflix lover, I've always been irritated that I could not remove that Blockbuster app; however, with Netflix jacking their popular $9.99 plan, it really opens the door for Blockbuster to make a comeback.

I've recently thought of Blockbuster as the next Borders-it's only days until they disappear. As much as I love Netflix and the Android app, I'd be willing to give Blockbuster a shot at this point, since they have a $9.99 plan that mirrors what Netflix used to offer (and Netflix really airballed on the press release/justification of the increase). Has anyone been using the BB app? I realize that it can't have nearly what Netflix offers on demand, but if Netflix is not going to offer more value for the jacked up price plan, I'm ready to dump them.

Our primary use for the Netflix app is to chill the kids out after dinner with cartoons anyway. Thanks in advance for your thoughts, BB app users. I can't review comments on the Market because you cannot download (are forced to have it on your phone regardless :mad:).

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones