1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blocking Mode not working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amitabhbansal, Jul 11, 2013.

1. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Newbie

friends,
    when i purchased the galaxy note 2 i enabled the blocking mode and set the time from 1 am to 7 am and checked all the notification so that no one can disturb me, it worked fine for few days but after fhat it stopped working, it shows that blocking mode is enabled but after 1 am if someone send me anything like sms, mms, whatsapp msg, phone calls it started ringing, i thought it will be a bug, then after few days i got a message that there is a software update, i did that but still the same problem.
    Please help me if someone knows the solution of it,
    Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Can you check to make sure you still have the boxes ticked to keep everything from notifying you?

3. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Newbie

yes sir all boxes of notifications are checked

4. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

Might have to try the dreaded reformat unless you somehow find out there is another app/launcher causing some sort of conflict.

5. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Newbie

i can format the phone but there are so many whatsapp conversation, sms, contacts, how to backup them? i am new to android so dont know about it, i just know that if i backup in kies then i think it will backup contacts, sms, and settings, not whatsapp conversations, please guide me

6. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

This page from whatsapp tells you how to back up your whatsapp conversations. Keep in mind that if you format your phone you should take your SD card out beforehand or you might format the SD card as well.

7. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Newbie

i tried format the phone and installed the softwares and restore my contacts and sms, but still its Blocking Mode is not working.

8. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

This seems to be an issue with some apps including WhatsApp.
    I installed an extra app called Silent Time to shut them up from waking me in the middle of the night.

GuitarG20 likes this.
  9. racer12306

racer12306 Member

Who is your carrier?

Verizon disabled this feature. It doesn't work on my phone either.

10. amitabhbansal

amitabhbansal Newbie

Vodafone is my carrier, in starting when i bought this phone this blocking feature was working fine but now it doesnt, even after formatting the device too.

11. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Same here, that's why I installed Silent Time...

12. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

I am with Sprint and mine never worked properly either, so I use Phone Schedule from the Play store.

13. racer12306

racer12306 Member

Since VZW and Vodafone are "the same" i have to wonder if that is the reason for your problem.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews