• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blocking phone numbers on HTC Magic

There are a few apps on the market, but the best one by far if you don't ever want to even know a number was blocked and it just works is Root Call Blocker. You have to root your phone though.

If you don't want to root there are some other apps that answer and hang up immediately, or just silence the ringer when certain numbers call, etc.

Or there is the google voice option, if you use google voice for all your calls...

Upvote 0
This is what I do.

I created a contact just for wrong numbers / solicitors. Every time I get an annoying call, I add that number to that contact.

Through contact management on Android, I set all calls from that contact to go straight to voicemail. And through Google Voice, I set up that contact to be blocked completely. And the only number I ever give out is my Google Voice number.

So chances are they'll be blocked completely. But just in case they get my T-Mobile number, they'll go straight to voicemail.

Upvote 0
This is what I do.

I created a contact just for wrong numbers / solicitors. Every time I get an annoying call, I add that number to that contact.

Through contact management on Android, I set all calls from that contact to go straight to voicemail. And through Google Voice, I set up that contact to be blocked completely. And the only number I ever give out is my Google Voice number.

So chances are they'll be blocked completely. But just in case they get my T-Mobile number, they'll go straight to voicemail.

That is the exact same thing I used to do before I discovered root call blocker

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones