1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blocking Private Numbers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SteveRaven, Oct 15, 2014.

1. SteveRaven

SteveRaven Lurker

Hi,

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, so I don't personally have this problem, but I have a friend that has a HTC m8, that is unable to block with-held or private numbers.

Most people will be aware that this simple functionality is impossible on an HTC even when trying to do it via a third party app.

Completely by accident, we worked out a way to achieve this by using the Mr Number app.

Go to any contact (or it's probably best to create a ficticious one!) in the Mr Number app and choose the option to send calls to voicemail. There will then be an option to send with-held and private numbers to voicemail, which should be checked.

Any private numbers will now effectively be rejected!

*NB* I just received this info by phone call, so some of the steps above may not be needed (for eg I feel that there will probably just be an option to send private numbers to vmail without creating a contact), but hopefully if anyone was having private number problems, this should sort it!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mruno

mruno Android Expert

3. SteveRaven

SteveRaven Lurker

I beg to differ, but the m8 cannot block calls from private numbers by default. It can only block open numbers.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews