• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocking unwanted calls

jnojr

Lurker
Apr 18, 2019
How can I send calls from the same area code / prefix as my number straight to voicemail without ringing my phone or otherwise notifying me? I tried Googling, but each result that mentioned an app, that app always had a bunch of bad reviews about blocking too much, taking over, wanting money, etc. I'm OK with paying for an app that will do EXACTLY what I want and won't decide that "it knows best" about how my phone should be used.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!

not exactly sure what you are asking. you want incoming calls that are blocked go straight to voicemail? are all calls straight to voicemail?

if you just want to avoid spam calls r robo calls....good luck. no matter what i have they seem to sneak through. I use Hiya and it does pretty good job of alerting me of potential spam calls. but some how a few sneak thru.

Upvote 0
welcome to AF!!!!!!!

Thanks!

not exactly sure what you are asking. you want incoming calls that are blocked go straight to voicemail? are all calls straight to voicemail?

Let's say my number is (212) 234-5678 I want all calls from (212) 234-<anything> to go straight to voicemail... no ringing, no buzzing, no notification that they ever called. If they leave a message, great! If not, I want to have no idea when or how often they ever called.

if you just want to avoid spam calls r robo calls....good luck. no matter what i have they seem to sneak through. I use Hiya and it does pretty good job of alerting me of potential spam calls. but some how a few sneak thru.

I know I can't block everything without blocking lots of legit calls too. But if all of a sudden there's a flurry of calls from (567) 345-<anything>, I want to be able to add that to the list, too... not "block", per se, just send them straight to voicemail. That can't be that difficult to do. And, I want that without that app deciding it needs permissions to everything on my phone, deciding it's the default caller, showing me ads, etc. I'm willing to pay for an app that does just what it's supposed to do and nothing else.

Upvote 0
well with Hiya i could block any calls that begins with like the area code and the 1st 3 digits of the number. i can also setup a call screener where unidentified numbers will be blocked and a text message will be sent to them on my behalf asking the caller to identify themselves and call back.

not sure how you can tie that in with voicemail. i havent found any such app that will do what you want specifically.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones