1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Blogorama

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wei55zach, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Wei55zach

Wei55zach Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Manchester, UK
    Been wanting to create my own Android blog for a while and finally decided to pull my finger out and in the words of Nike, Just Do It. I have read many blogs over the years and seen different styles but I wanted to use the power of the community to get opinions on what would you like to see from a GOOD blog.

I want my blog to concentrate more on games/apps news with a splattering of general android news. I want it to take more of a candid approach and not just be reams of facts and figures. It should also be objective but also include personal emotions and opinions without any, lets say, 'Commercial persuasion'.

So here is where I need your help. What are your opinions? Do you want to be involved with this? Is it something you will read?

Advertisement

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Civil Engineer
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey there Wei55zach!

I have moved this thread into the Lounge. I know your blog will focus on Android but I feel this topic is better suited in the Lounge and can be discussed better here.

Now a lot of Blogs are created everyday but certain things make blogs stand out from others, and I am not saying I know what those are and personally I am sure some people would be interested in reading it, however, you might want to read our site rules and guidelines if you want to post them here as they might be viewed as spam, or self-promoting.

There is a link to it below in my signature :)

9to5cynic likes this.
  3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Here's something that I heard about when it comes to making a good youtube channel, which was taken in vein of a popular web comic, which I think applies to blogs as well.

You need to make sure that you are consistent with your publishing. Extended hiatuses will not serve well for potential readers.

Look at a site like xkcd.com (said webcomic), they publish every monday, wednesday and friday. As far as content goes, I'm not sure what the typical android user is looking for in that area. :)