• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help blown speaker EVO.

I do construction, but honestly.... my hero was about 3 months old when the speaker blew and now about the same for my EVO.

There are a few people where I work with Iphones and Droids who absolutely abuse their phones and have no issues....I love HTC but the physical quality of their phones kinda suck.

I can't agree I had three HTC phones (Mogul, Touch Pro, Evo) And the first two went through hell and still worked and I dropped (ok i pretty much threw it wit how much force it had) my Evo yesterday on a marble floor and just knew the screen was broken and picked it up and not even a scratch anywhere on it. I was happy cuz I don't even have a case for it.

I will say that the refurbished phones do suck though.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I have a HV003 that I have had for about a month now, today I realized that the speaker on the back for the ringer and such is blown like hell. Just wanting to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Take it to a Sprint store and they should repair or replace it. They repaired mine at a Sprint tech store, it took about 30 minutes.

Reactions: branmala1986
Upvote 0
The speaker on the back of mine went out. Still worked and could understand it but its just sounded like crap. Took it to the Sprint store and 2 days later I had a new one no questions asked.

Exact same story for me. Take youphone to corporate store and tell them your phone Is broke. They will make It right. One word of caution you will be without a phone for two days so pick days that you want.

Upvote 0
Seeing this kind of has me worried because the day I got my EVO my local sprint guy had an EVO that i was playing with and his speaker was blown. He said that because of short supply he couldn't get a replacement EVO for another couple of months. Now I don't know if that is because he is an employee so he does not have priority. In any case I never have my ringer all the way up nor do I listen to music just by the speaker.

Upvote 0
Out of the blue - for no reason I had noticed my EVO rear speaker was blown. I lived with it for a while and then decided to approach a Sprint store about it. One store had a worker that grumbled that they could fix it but I might have to just get a new phone. I didn't like his attitude and I didn't want to get a new phone because I had heard the later generations of EVO had lower quality screens. I called another store in Murfreesboro, TN - the one on Medical Center Parkway, and they seemed eager to fix it. "No problem. we have replacement speakers in stock" I went in and was helped right away. They told me there was a customer in front of me and it would take about 45 minutes. I went out and grabbed a bite to eat, came back and it was ready - no charge. It now works fine. I'm hopeful it will remain that way. My advice would be to get yours replaced at a good Sprint store. They are standing behind the product. It's a much better idea than buying a speaker and trying to replace it yourself - perhaps voiding your warranty. By the way, I LOVE THIS PHONE!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones