• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Blu Life 8 XL] Bootloop on power up only

akki_k

Lurker
Sep 16, 2015
Hi,
I have a Blu Life 8 XL, that has been loaded with CM 12.1 custom ROM. Everything works fine, except for a curious issue: While the phone 'reboots' fine (in less than a minute even), when it is powered down and up, it gets stuck in boot animation stage. Only way to get it to complete boot then is to do a cache/dalvik wipe in the recovery.
I see the same issue in Resurrection Remix ROM too (based on Lollipop), so don't think it is specific to that rom.
Any help/pointers would be appreciated. TIA

Hi,
I have a Blu Life 8 XL, that has been loaded with CM 12.1 custom ROM. Everything works fine, except for a curious issue: While the phone 'reboots' fine (in less than a minute even), when it is powered down and up, it gets stuck in boot animation stage. Only way to get it to complete boot then is to do a cache/dalvik wipe in the recovery.
I see the same issue in Resurrection Remix ROM too (based on Lollipop), so don't think it is specific to that rom.
Any help/pointers would be appreciated. TIA
Idk how to help but could i get a link to rom u had bcuz life 8 xl seems to not have a lot. Plz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones