• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blu Life 8

I searched half the night for a root method of my Blu Life 8 phone.
After much trial and error, Root Genius 1.8.7 did the trick. Install your favorite superuser apk from the Play Store and you're ready to go. Enjoy. CWM port is next. Let me know if anyone can assist with that. Thanks.

Moderators: Make a new form and sub-cat for this phone if you like. Blu Life 8 - All things root

Can you please help me out?
I need to root my blu life 8, but my phone is running kitkat 4.4.2, and I'm guessing your phone is running jelly bean.
I accidentally updated my phone and now I can't root it. Please tell me how can I root my phone without having it restart randomly. If this is not possible, could you please tell me if there's a way for me to roll back to jelly bean, for me to use root genius to root my phone?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
For 4.4.2 you have to use sp flash tool and mtk droid tool. Use mtk droid tool to create a scatter file then use sp flash tool to read back(download) your phones recovery img. Use mtk tool to modify the recovery img into cwm recovery. Use sp flash tool to flash the custome recovery. Then boot to recovery and install supersu zip from cwm. I have my blu life 8 rooted with 4.4.2. If this is too difficult, i may upload the recovery img so all you have to do is flash it with sp flash tool. There are youtube videos describing this process. Its the same process for all mediatek chipset devices.

Upvote 0
Ok so this method didnt work for me. Software showed it was rooted but root checker said no. How i solved it:

mgyun Team, developer of vroot software application developed an android app for rooting called iroot.

1. get it on www.mgyun.com/irootm by clicking the big blue banner.

2. make sure unknown sources is ticked on your android (security).

3. Copy apk to your phone.

4. install apk and run app.

5. Let box ticked and click the chinese button.

6. Click root by the little cartoon figure.

7. As app runs a circle will cycle.

8. If everything is ok, after 2 or 3min the cartoon will turn really happy and another root button will appear. Don't click anything. If something goes wrong cartoon puts up a sad face.

9. Leave the app and reboot.

10. Chinese super user will be there in your app drawer. So install superSu app from the playStore and run it. SuperSu will say it needs binaries. Continue and click NORMAL when asked. Chinese super user will ask if you want to grant root permission to Super Su. Tick the box (it means remember this choice) and click the right sided option which stands for "yes".

11. After a while it will say installation succeed and it needs a reboot. So reboot once more.

12. Ok, Now I installed Titanium Backup to remove chinese super user and Root is done!

Upvote 0
For 4.4.2 you have to use sp flash tool and mtk droid tool. Use mtk droid tool to create a scatter file then use sp flash tool to read back(download) your phones recovery img. Use mtk tool to modify the recovery img into cwm recovery. Use sp flash tool to flash the custome recovery. Then boot to recovery and install supersu zip from cwm. I have my blu life 8 rooted with 4.4.2. If this is too difficult, i may upload the recovery img so all you have to do is flash it with sp flash tool. There are youtube videos describing this process. Its the same process for all mediatek chipset devices.

Please if you can give me a walkthrough as i cant understand the chinese site!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones