1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blu phones

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by averagewonder, Oct 2, 2014.

1. averagewonder

averagewonder Android Enthusiast

Anybody use any of the Blu phones on metro yet. Been hearing good things and they seem reasonably priced

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrLaserman

MrLaserman Well-Known Member

I've been looking at Blu Phones as well and I too would be interested in hearing from experienced users.

3. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Android Enthusiast

They've performed well from people I know.

The only issue is the lack of LTE in most models as only one model currently has LTE. But they work well for those who want a good simple and budget phone.

4. t12b25

t12b25 Android Enthusiast

Hi I have a friend on metro using a Blu life pure xl the only downside is that get h+21 I've noticed the speeds are slower than the h+42 on my nexus 4, but other than that. We did have a problem with one, but the company we got it from exchanged it and so far so good.
    Anthony.

5. confed

confed Android Expert

Budget conscious phone that are lacking in the network specs. Could be a good transition/first phone for young children or older relatives. They are big with the Brightspot brand (T-Mobile service, Target stores) so you have the ability to try them out when you like. At one point Target employees were getting a 20% or higher discount on the phones. I believe the policy that the phone could be unlocked after 60 days of service. It worked out well for a few employees to buy the phone, cheapest service (30$) and then unlock the phone after 60 days and bring it to their existing plan with Metro/Tmobile.

6. mrnyjet

mrnyjet Android Enthusiast

You have to check the data frequency specs for each model. 1900 models are best for at&t/ mvnos and 1700 models for t- Mobil mvnos.

I picked up blu music as a spare, works great on hspa+ at&t. Front dual stereo speakers, comes with ear buds, jelly cover, and screen protector for under $80 new. Much less expensive than new/used HTC phone.

Not a flagship, but better use of money than $10 a month on phone insurance.

7. mrnyjet

I did that with an LG lte f3 phone, except they never sent me the unlock code. I activated the T-Mobile $30/5gb plan using the imei from an unlocked moto g/lte phone. T-Mobile cs told me I could then just move the sim card into the f3 and it would work . it did without being unlocked. The brightspot plan did not offer lte data, so I switched plans.

8. mrnyjet

I get 7-9 megs down on at&t hspa+. That is more than lte on sprint and way more than Verizon and Sprint 3g networks.

9. the hulk

the hulk Android Enthusiast

Very positive feedback from customers, picks up reception better then alot of Samsung and LG phones I've noticed.

alfick3 and averagewonder like this.
  10. Kid09

Kid09 Android Enthusiast

If you want LTE, there's the Blu studio 5.0 LTE. It looks like a nice mid ranger.

11. Murder Face

Murder Face Lurker

I got a viva 11 plus and metro givin me more problems than Verizon had