• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blu phones

Budget conscious phone that are lacking in the network specs. Could be a good transition/first phone for young children or older relatives. They are big with the Brightspot brand (T-Mobile service, Target stores) so you have the ability to try them out when you like. At one point Target employees were getting a 20% or higher discount on the phones. I believe the policy that the phone could be unlocked after 60 days of service. It worked out well for a few employees to buy the phone, cheapest service (30$) and then unlock the phone after 60 days and bring it to their existing plan with Metro/Tmobile.

Upvote 0
You have to check the data frequency specs for each model. 1900 models are best for at&t/ mvnos and 1700 models for t- Mobil mvnos.

I picked up blu music as a spare, works great on hspa+ at&t. Front dual stereo speakers, comes with ear buds, jelly cover, and screen protector for under $80 new. Much less expensive than new/used HTC phone.

Not a flagship, but better use of money than $10 a month on phone insurance.

Upvote 0
Budget conscious phone that are lacking in the network specs. Could be a good transition/first phone for young children or older relatives. They are big with the Brightspot brand (T-Mobile service, Target stores) so you have the ability to try them out when you like. At one point Target employees were getting a 20% or higher discount on the phones. I believe the policy that the phone could be unlocked after 60 days of service. It worked out well for a few employees to buy the phone, cheapest service (30$) and then unlock the phone after 60 days and bring it to their existing plan with Metro/Tmobile.

I did that with an LG lte f3 phone, except they never sent me the unlock code. I activated the T-Mobile $30/5gb plan using the imei from an unlocked moto g/lte phone. T-Mobile cs told me I could then just move the sim card into the f3 and it would work . it did without being unlocked. The brightspot plan did not offer lte data, so I switched plans.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones