• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blu Studio Energy Wireless Update: No texts or calls now

ANFrancaise

Lurker
Feb 12, 2016
Hi:

I did the recent wireless update yesterday and now cannot send or receive texts or send or receive phone calls either. I apparently can make a Fake Call but not a real one. I am also unable to gain a Data connection. I am able to connect to wireless when near my home connection, but cannot click the Data connection button to enable. I am able to play music and use apps when a wireless connection is available.

I should note that my Android Version is: 5.0.2.
CPU Model: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v71)
Carrier: T-Mobile
Rooted: No (?)

I don't think my phone is rooted, from what I recall, that means that I have programmed it entirely myself and removed all system settings and such. I have not done this so I don't think it's rooted.

HELP!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help Jfalls63! I really appreciate it. I wasn't able to restore the APN settings or clear the SIM card error I received via the above link because when I tried to follow the instructions: Settings > Wireless Connections > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names, the "Wireless Connections" option was grayed out so I could see it but couldn't select it. But I'm happy to report that after much frustration, I got it sorted out. In the end I had to call my carrier (T-Mobile), they were not able to restore the Sim Card over the phone but they advised to do a factory re-set, which I did, and things seem to be working so far. I'm now able to message, call, use data, and it looks like my apps are all restored.

Thank you again for your reply. Have a nice weekend!!

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones