1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Blue ant st4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LIN1946da, Apr 28, 2011.

1. LIN1946da

LIN1946da Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    I have the Samsung Captivate and it is paired to the blue ant - however I cannot get the voice dialing to work. The calls to me will be ansered through the blue ant but to make a call using the voice dialing just will not work. Can anyone help me on this issue?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Sounds like it could be an incompatibility between the bluetooth protocol stacks in the phone and the headset. Have you checked with BlueAnt to see if there are any firmware update updates available for the headset?

3. LarrynKy

LarrynKy Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    I have the same bluetooth. I did not think voice dialing was available on the Cappy until we get gingerbread..Android 2.3.

4. Phillennium

Phillennium Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Hi LIN1946da,

I went through the same thing. I had the BlueAnt ST3 which didn't seem to work well so I bought the S4 hoping that would solve my problems but it too had similar issues.

The two things I discovered were that 1) the Voice Dialer in Android BLOWS and 2) the Voice Search which works incredibly well, does not communicate through Bluetooth.

When pressing the "Activate" or "Call" button on a hands free device it activates the Voice Dialer.

I haven't heard any official confirmation about support in 2.3 but I'm hoping. And hoping it also comes to the Captivate...