1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Blue indicator light on S3, and I have no new email or message to make it blink blue.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarkH27, Dec 29, 2012.

1. MarkH27

MarkH27 Newbie

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I just purchased the S3 yesterday (12-28-12)...I have used it going on 2 days now...and this afternoon, out of nowhere, the indicator light started flashing blue and it still is. I looked up on the net and the forum and I'm reading when it blinks blue I missed a message or email.....well I have no received an email or a message to make it blink blue.

It only blinks blue when the screen is off...like when you press the right side button to shut the screen off.....when the screen is on the blu light goes away.

So what is the issue here? I did not accidentally push anything or download apps for the LED....I wasnt even holding the phone and wasnt in my back pocket....it pluged in the charger and set it on the table and went on about my business....a while later I walk by it and see the blue LED blinking.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Hi MarkH27, and welcome to AF!:)

I have moved this thread into the S3 forum so that others with the same phone may be able to help.

Could you maybe have a missed call or missed text?
    Have you tried shutting off power, and then restarting the phone?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It only blinks when the phone's screen is off. That's for texts, emails, missed calls, and notifications. Pull down the notification screen, and clear it. That should do the trick.:)

damewolf13 likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

It will also light up when the voice recording is in progress w/the screen off.

You may have to systematically go through your apps one at a time until you find the offending app.

Go to MENU>SETTINGS>DISPLAY & you'll see the LED options.

damewolf13 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews