• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blue light flashing after firmware update

Ever since I got the firmware update to version 4.1.2 my device started acting a little strange. I noticed that when I reach out to the phone, the screen no longer lights up to display information (like it normally would show a 'quick glance' of number of emails, calls, etc..), but instead a blue led start blinking. When I turn the screen back on it stops blinking and there are no notifications, no messages, nothing. I rather not turn off LED notifications since I do want to receive real notifications. This is not a notification since I am not notified of anything other than a blue flashing LED that disappears when the screen is back on, whatever that means.

After factory resetting (twice!) and reinstalling all my apps to diagnose when it goes wrong exactly, I figured out that after factory reset it works perfectly as it should. Enable motion->Quick glance->Turn off phone->Move hand over device and the blue light flashes once and the screen turns on to show a quick glance of your messages, time, etc... Exactly as it should work. Blue light stops flashing after the quick glance activates.

After installing apps one by one and testing after every install, I found that it no longer works properly after I installed an battery saver app (Go Power Master) and specifically enabling the option to kill all tasks on screen off. Since the quick glance is probably also an app or at least launched by an app, it makes sense that the blue light starts flashing and tries to launch the Quick Glance, yet it fails to start because all tasks are killed when the screen is turned off.

So if you are also using a task manager to kill tasks, try to disable it and see if that works for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones