1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Blue Semi-Circle at Bottom of Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tf6217, Oct 9, 2017.

1. tf6217

tf6217 Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2016
    Male
    Hi. I have a Samsung S6 with Nougat. Every so often when I'm driving and with my phone being charged, I get this blue semi-circle on the bottom of my screen. When it appears, it will pulse on and off. It will disappear for a while until it reappears again. What's really annoying is that it's accessing Bluetooth so any music I am listening to will pause and there won't be any sound until the semi-circle disappears. Here's a link to a screenshot of a similar issue from another person a year ago on another forum: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5pb_J9v1BCUNmVSZm1TS2Z4dFJxeHdTbm1pNkVWNEhIYm9r/view?usp=sharing. You can see the blue semi-circle on the bottom of the image.
    Previous to this phone, I had an S6 with Android 5.1.1 and never saw this. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. mlrz24

mlrz24 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 4, 2013
    That's easy because mine does it too. Our phones are programmed to do that so you can visually see a connection was made and the phone is now charging. If the charging cable is loose it will keep popping up.

3. tf6217

tf6217 Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2016
    Male
    Thanks mlrz24. I think I figured out my problem. It does seem to be a charging issue. My car charger is an Aukey fast charger. When this problem happened, I pulled down all of the notification cards and could see that the charging card was continually appearing and disappearing. I swapped the charger out for one that does not do fast charging. Everything has been working fine for days. It seems like this problem can manifest itself in different charging scenarios but this is the one that hit me.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.