• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blue streaks on my camera

terpdon

Jun 30, 2013
I have this problem that just showed up with my Sprint Galaxy s3. These three small blue streaks are on the image when I take a picture with the front facing camera...the selfie camera doesn't have them. They almost look like someone has drawn a couple of streaks with John Madden's magic pen that he used during football highlights.

I cleaned the lens cover, that didn't make them go away. I covered the lens so no light could get in, but they still showed up...even brighter actually. I even tried a factory reset, but no help there. I wish I could post a picture of the phenomenon, but I don't have picture posting rights yet.

Anyone had this problem? I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet or anything. No idea what it could be.

hmmmm, sounds like it could be a hardware issue as funky suggested.
Considering:
A. it does it with the camera covered
B. it does it with another camera app.
C. it does it even after a factory reset.

Try this...take a pic in landscape mode...do the scratches follow the layout? i.e. are the scratches in the same pattern in landscape vs. portrait?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
hmmmm, sounds like it could be a hardware issue as funky suggested.
Considering:
A. it does it with the camera covered
B. it does it with another camera app.
C. it does it even after a factory reset.

Try this...take a pic in landscape mode...do the scratches follow the layout? i.e. are the scratches in the same pattern in landscape vs. portrait?

Excellent out-the-box thinking bro :beer:
Its startin to really sound like the camera sensor is damaged or has somehow got some dust in it :( are the "patterns" of blue always the same? Even after shaking or gently tapping the phone (long-shot i know lol)

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Did you ever find out what was causing your phone to act this way? Mine recently started doing this and was relieved to find that I am not the only one experiencing this weird problem. It is doing exactly what you posted and looks just like your pics but fortunately I have only one streak and I can zoom past it since it's in the left hand corner. Please let me know what you found out.Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones