• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blue Tooth Compatability Survey

Dvd

Lurker
Jun 10, 2010
Hi All. I am wondering if you are having any dropout issues using a blue tooth with your EVO?

If you have no issues, can you please tell me what make and model of blue tooth you have?

Likewise, if you are having issues (random dropping of connections where it defaults back to the headset), can you tell me what make and model of blue tooth you have?

I have tried both the Motorola H700C as well as the Jabra BT5010 and had dropout issues with both of them.

Have the BlueAnt V1. Never a dropped call or loss of signal. V1 struggles with voice command with Evo, but I think that's more of an Android issue than the Evo's. Picks up and ends calls with no issues, and I can still control volume on earpiece easily. Just doesn't handle the speed dials and control the Evo like my old phone.

That said, I find it serves it's purpose well when I'm driving or on foot using the earpiece.

I might still replace it though since the earhook broke off and isn't repairable - always a downside to earhooks but nothing fits my ears better. The no-hook models are just too big for my ears.

Upvote 0
Bluetooth has been a sticking point with me and my new Evo. I like the unit, but I've had problems with many incoming calls not coming over the headset even though I'm paired up. Also, I've never been able to get my voicemail to play over my headset. It's almost maddening enough for me to return the unit. Anyone have any thoughts? (I alternate between a Plantronics 520 and a Motorola H500.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones