1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Blue Tooth Compatability Survey

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dvd, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Dvd

Dvd Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Hi All. I am wondering if you are having any dropout issues using a blue tooth with your EVO?

If you have no issues, can you please tell me what make and model of blue tooth you have?

Likewise, if you are having issues (random dropping of connections where it defaults back to the headset), can you tell me what make and model of blue tooth you have?

I have tried both the Motorola H700C as well as the Jabra BT5010 and had dropout issues with both of them.

Advertisement

2. wase4711

wase4711 Android Expert
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    outside chicaago
    jawbone icon, works perfectly always

3. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    I was thinking about getting one of these. What Icon do you have? Thinker? Rouge? Hero?

4. sdezrilov

sdezrilov Member
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    No issues with factory integrated car kit Volvo, havent tried my headset yet.

5. zombdroid

zombdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    I have 2 Plantronics for calls 3XX,5XX and 1 Plantronics for music 855, no issues at all.

6. veereihen6

veereihen6 Guest
    None
    Original Jawbone. Works fine (as long as wifi is diabled, otherwise the headset loses connection to the Evo...grrr)

7. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert
    None

May 4, 2010
    Have the BlueAnt V1. Never a dropped call or loss of signal. V1 struggles with voice command with Evo, but I think that's more of an Android issue than the Evo's. Picks up and ends calls with no issues, and I can still control volume on earpiece easily. Just doesn't handle the speed dials and control the Evo like my old phone.

That said, I find it serves it's purpose well when I'm driving or on foot using the earpiece.

I might still replace it though since the earhook broke off and isn't repairable - always a downside to earhooks but nothing fits my ears better. The no-hook models are just too big for my ears.

8. EVODawg

EVODawg Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Bluetooth has been a sticking point with me and my new Evo. I like the unit, but I've had problems with many incoming calls not coming over the headset even though I'm paired up. Also, I've never been able to get my voicemail to play over my headset. It's almost maddening enough for me to return the unit. Anyone have any thoughts? (I alternate between a Plantronics 520 and a Motorola H500.)

9. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    Disabled Veteran - USMC
    When I use a bluetooth headset it's the Plantronics Explorer 230 and I have no problems with it at all. When I'm in my car traveling, my EVO hooks up to the onboard bluetooth with no problems. Hope you get things worked out.

Tags: