• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blue Tooth Questions

DFA1

Nov 14, 2009
Having trouble syncing my Plantronics Voyager 520 with my Eris, it can't find it at all. It worked perfectly on my Samsung i760.

Also I tried to pair my Eris with my i760 to transfer files, it says that its paired but not connected... how do I connect them now? Same thing with my laptop, the bluetooth sees my Eris but I can't access it or any of it's files... what gives?

Having trouble syncing my Plantronics Voyager 520 with my Eris, it can't find it at all. It worked perfectly on my Samsung i760.

Also I tried to pair my Eris with my i760 to transfer files, it says that its paired but not connected... how do I connect them now? Same thing with my laptop, the bluetooth sees my Eris but I can't access it or any of it's files... what gives?

i feel you. the bluetooth fuctionallity is not fully implemented in android they got it just enough to pair with most headsets thats about it. hopfully thier will be an update to fix this.

Upvote 0
So we can expect better bluetooth functions with an update in January? Would definately like to see the ability to initiate a call & voice commands by bluetooth. Also the ability to listen to music by bluetooth.

I know for a fact that Verizon has received more complaints about this one issue than all the others combined. If it's not addressed then SOMEONE isn't listening to customer feedback.

Oh, and what did Verizon say about the issue? "It is up to either the software or hardware vendor to address the problem." Meaning either Google fixes the issue or Moto/HTC does. Sure hope Verizon is giving them our complaints!

Upvote 0
Agreed--every other phone other that the Eris and Droid can. Heck, even a Razr supports a better BlueTooth protocol and has better visual indicators. I am not sure if it is a Google issue or a BlueTooth issue in that the protocols are not set up correctly but it is very bothersome that neither phone can do the basics.

Of course, looking back, the Storm's protocols were not right at first either--but they were running BT 1.0 at the time...

Upvote 0
Hello everyone & Merry Xmas! I got my Eris a few days ago and I'm not too impressed yet. I had an SD card I wanted to unload onto this phone and then put in the 8gb card it came with. i couldn't just save the files to the phone...nor could I bluetooth them from my old phone to it. I guess the only other option is to hook it up to the PC and do it. Also, there is no way to get my tmobile contacts onto this phone but to do it manually. And there is no option to merge Google contacts if the same person is showing twice?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones