1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories blueant q2 compatibility??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morvy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. morvy

morvy Lurker
    Apr 13, 2011

Apr 13, 2011
    hi, i came on here hoping to see if anyone else has had similar experience to me.
    last week i purchased q1, and it worked very well, good voice quality on both ends,
    battery life seemed reasonable in 5 days i had it, and voice dialling using
    phone command worked very well, every time! overall very happy with it, but it lacked
    contact name identification on incoming calls, would only announce
    # of incoming caller ( i mistakenly thought it included this feature) so... i exchanged it for q2.
    i have tried 2 different q2s, and have had the same problem with both.. "phone command" works
    the first time after a new connection between the devices, then next time try to use, get message
    this feature not supported on connected device!!! only way to get it to work again is to... usually
    turn bluetooth off, then back on again on atrix, and occasionally requires powering atrix down,
    and rebooting. when you're on the road, you can't be looking down and screwing around with a touch
    screen just to make your next call, that's the whole purpose of voice controlled headset in the first place,
    hands free, eyes on the road!!! no change with installation of blueant app (which by the way is the same
    for q2 as q1, which in itself is suspect, like they didn't take time to fully develop q2's own app, just
    added a couple of lines of code to q1's) this app is designed to read incoming texts aloud, i installed
    just hoping there was something in there that would solve my phone command problem. text to voice works
    if you turn off atrix notification in status bar (otherwise phone's notification aborts q2's reading aloud of text)
    problem is, you have to remember each time to turn notification back on when you stop using headset, or
    you'll miss subsequent incoming texts!)
    any feedback/help would be greatly appreciated