• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help BlueProximity with Android

halpo

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
I just bought a new myTouch 4G Slide. On of my motivations was that my old phone would not stay on making the blue proximity on my ubuntu work machine lock at inconvenient times. Now I have the android and I cannot even get Blue proximity to find the darn thing.

I connected the device which took a few tries at pairing. Now the phone says "paired but not connected." On the computer when I scan for devices in blue proximity I do not see it. under bluetooth properties I see the list with my old phone and my new myTouch but the mytouch is flashing the plug with the disconnect button also flashing.

Has anyone out there gotten BlueProximity working with their myTouch 4G Slide? Android 2.3 phone? any Android phone?

Is the bluetooth broken on my phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones