• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluestacks success stories?

SUroot

Extreme Android User
May 25, 2010
Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Post your successes...

I tried wine (fool) but that failed. Read the wine db and it simply list it as "garbage".

I found that quite funny.

Win 7 work pc, ran once then broke. Error when restart. Even broken ran CPU at 50%, permanently.

Win 7 vm, wouldn't work either. Error when restarting

Good start. I'm pretty jaded about it right now, but wondering how its going for every one else.

got the same issue, works fine on Win Xp, but on Win 7, it worked once (right after the install) but after restarting it or rebooting the machine, it keeps crashing (HD-RunApp.exe is here, and everytime I try to start Bluestacks a new RunApp appears...but nothing shows up)
IT'S ANNOYIIIIING (I tried on 2 computers with Win 7, i'll try on more)

Upvote 0
Edit

1. HP (old) laptop, WinXP - Latest Beta 0.7.2.751.
2. Acer (new) laptop, Win7 - Latest Beta 0.7.2.751.
3. Acer (new) laptop, Win7 - Beta 0.6.3.0686.
4. Acer (new) laptop, Win7 - Beta 0.6.3.0686. ROOTED

Some apps incompatible due to poor graphics card.

Better graphics card = more compatible apps.
Only tried a few apps, ADW launcher (worked well but lost all widgets after a restart, Met Office weather (crashes quite often on all 4 options), Tiny Village game (Runs well but no way in the game to log into account and without root, no way to hack my way through to it).

To many pre-installed apps for my liking. I suppose they can just be uninstalled but after a few restarts, new apps appear.

Google Play Store displays very little app content. Most of which that are there are incompatible, possibly due to the device version.
Enlarged sdcard to 5gb with no problems.
Annoyingly, some apps can see and use files (like images and music) stored in Win7 folders but the Android apps like ES file explorer can't, so I could only adb push files (like apk's and folders) into BlueStacks.

All 4 options.
Can not figure out how to sign in to previously registered email address in the set-up.
BlueStacks froze a number of times.
BlueStacks cloud sync did not work.
Using ADW launcher, couldn't get wallpapers and live wallpapers to use landscape dimensions.

Upvote 0
anybody facing this app crash issue. It always shows whenever u start this app

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones