1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Bluetooth 101 - plz school me

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ninefourteener, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ninefourteener

ninefourteener Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Been through several phones..... but only 1 car stereo... the Pioneer 9800BT. Great stereo.. still works great... love it.

As my phones get newer... it gets more and more difficult to connect via bluetooth.

a few years back... all I had to do was turn the car on..... and the bluetooth connected... it was that easy.

My EVO.... paired.... and I had it to where I just clicked the bluetooth toggle, and it connected automatically.

The Photon..... wants me to enter the "0000" code every time I connect.

I can connect it... and it works..... but shouldnt I get an option to "always" pair with the head unit? It won't work. If I turn my car off... it makes me go through the settings, connect, enter 0000 every time, etc.

Its a PITA.

Am I missing something? Is there an easier way?

Advertisement

2. TomXP411

TomXP411 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    That's definitely odd. It sounds to me like your radio or your Bluetooth module may be having trouble, or it may just be obsolete. I have a newer Kenwood deck, and it pairs automatically with my Droid X, my Photon, and my original Droid.

Does this deck have internal Bluetooth, or are you using the IP-Bus connector on the back of the radio?

I also have the phone paired to a BT speaker unit in the house, to a computer (for file transfer) and to 3 keyboards. Everything just hooks up automatically when I try to use it... no re-pairing necessary.