• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth and other issues with Note 3 Please Help!

Hi everyone! I'm in desperate need of help! My husband and I have had apple iPhones for 3 years now. First the iPhone 4 for 2 years and then the 5 for 1 year. A couple weeks ago we decided to switch to androids. My husband fell in love with the large screen of the note 3 and the ability to use a real gamepad. The galaxy gear watch was icing on the cake. Ever since the switch, its been one problem after another after another. First the phone was glitching and acting weird in general. The att guy said it sounded like a virus and hr told us to do a factory reset. That fixed the problem and we bought the galaxy gear watch. Everything worked great for 2 or 3 days and then the watch would say it dropped the Bluetooth connection and then it would connect again several times a day. It would also say the phone was out of range when he was wearing the watch and holding the phone. We took both in to att and they took it to their boss who played with it in the back for 1/2 hour. He came out and informed us that he factory reset the watch and uninstalled the gear manager app. Then he reinstalled the gear manager app and our watch would no longer connect to the phone. They tried to connect 2 other watches and none would connect. By the way he was using his Moga pro gamepad via Bluetooth without any issues during this time. Anyway, we were sent home with instructions to factory reset the phone yet again to see if the watch would connect again and stay connected. We tried it even though we didn't want to and the phone and watch worked again. Today he re setup the moga gamepad and right away the watch said the Bluetooth was disconnected. Right away we knew it had something to do with the gamepad. He went into the Bluetooth settings and disabled the gamepad and the watch stopped having problems connecting via Bluetooth. Well tonight (all this happened this morning) the watch and phone are acting all glitchy. He missed 2 calls (possibly because we didn't have signal for one but should have had it for the other). They didn't pop up on his phone or watch, not even as missed calls in the call log. He did get 2 new voicemails from the calls though which popped up on his virtual voicemail app.

Soooo how do we fix this stuff? Is there a way to be able to play games with the gamepad via Bluetooth without having to disable the watch? I'd there a way he doesn't have to disable the gamepad when its not in use? Why aren't his missed calls showing up in his call log on the phone or watch? Why did he miss the calls in the first place?

Also, we are both signed into Google under the same email so we only have to pay for apps and games once. That's how we did our account for iTunes on the iPhones. Well, when I search for something on the internet on my s4, the predictive text thing that appears under the search bar will show what I typed in on my s4 on his note 3. Is there a way to stop this? With Christmas coming up, neither of us should be seeing what each other is searching for.

Any and all help is appreciated. We are new to android and are frustrated. I haven't had any real issues with my s4, but he's only had one issue after another and he's about ready to give in and switch back to apple. Please help us!

Hi everyone! I'm in desperate need of help! My husband and I have had apple iPhones for 3 years now. First the iPhone 4 for 2 years and then the 5 for 1 year. A couple weeks ago we decided to switch to androids. My husband fell in love with the large screen of the note 3 and the ability to use a real gamepad. The galaxy gear watch was icing on the cake. Ever since the switch, its been one problem after another after another. First the phone was glitching and acting weird in general. The att guy said it sounded like a virus and hr told us to do a factory reset. That fixed the problem and we bought the galaxy gear watch. Everything worked great for 2 or 3 days and then the watch would say it dropped the Bluetooth connection and then it would connect again several times a day. It would also say the phone was out of range when he was wearing the watch and holding the phone. We took both in to att and they took it to their boss who played with it in the back for 1/2 hour. He came out and informed us that he factory reset the watch and uninstalled the gear manager app. Then he reinstalled the gear manager app and our watch would no longer connect to the phone. They tried to connect 2 other watches and none would connect. By the way he was using his Moga pro gamepad via Bluetooth without any issues during this time. Anyway, we were sent home with instructions to factory reset the phone yet again to see if the watch would connect again and stay connected. We tried it even though we didn't want to and the phone and watch worked again. Today he re setup the moga gamepad and right away the watch said the Bluetooth was disconnected. Right away we knew it had something to do with the gamepad. He went into the Bluetooth settings and disabled the gamepad and the watch stopped having problems connecting via Bluetooth. Well tonight (all this happened this morning) the watch and phone are acting all glitchy. He missed 2 calls (possibly because we didn't have signal for one but should have had it for the other). They didn't pop up on his phone or watch, not even as missed calls in the call log. He did get 2 new voicemails from the calls though which popped up on his virtual voicemail app.

Soooo how do we fix this stuff? Is there a way to be able to play games with the gamepad via Bluetooth without having to disable the watch? I'd there a way he doesn't have to disable the gamepad when its not in use? Why aren't his missed calls showing up in his call log on the phone or watch? Why did he miss the calls in the first place?

Also, we are both signed into Google under the same email so we only have to pay for apps and games once. That's how we did our account for iTunes on the iPhones. Well, when I search for something on the internet on my s4, the predictive text thing that appears under the search bar will show what I typed in on my s4 on his note 3. Is there a way to stop this? With Christmas coming up, neither of us should be seeing what each other is searching for.

Any and all help is appreciated. We are new to android and are frustrated. I haven't had any real issues with my s4, but he's only had one issue after another and he's about ready to give in and switch back to apple. Please help us!
I use both Android and iPhone, do yourself a big favor and remember the two are completely different from each other.

If you want to enjoy the wonderful Android experience you must be willing to learn it.

Based on my experience I'd strongly suggest, that you do a full factory reset of your Note 3 and the watch. Set aside the gaming controller and stop gaming temporarily.

Diagnosis and testing is best done step by step, focusing on one bluetooth device at a time. Once paired with the watch, use it that way for at least a few days to weeks.

Switching BT devices only confuses the issue till you've got a track record for one thing at a time.

Here are instructions direct from Google specifically focused on Android 4.3, which is different than with other versions of Android. It explains using blue tooth.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2819579?hl=en

Upvote 0
The Galaxy Gear issue would be best addressed in the Samsung Galaxy Gear - Android Forums. It's going to be a hard road not seeing each others search results since you share the same account. That's basically a good idea as far as sharing games and app purchases goes but I'll need to know exactly where you're doing your searching from to try to address the search results issue. Are you searching in the default Internet app address bar or from a Google search dialog box? Which internet browser are you using if nt the default?

Welcome to the forums androidnewbie14. You seem like a nice couple. It's always nice to have Apple converts around.

Upvote 0
The Galaxy Gear issue would be best addressed in the Samsung Galaxy Gear - Android Forums. It's going to be a hard road not seeing each others search results since you share the same account. That's basically a good idea as far as sharing games and app purchases goes but I'll need to know exactly where you're doing your searching from to try to address the search results issue. Are you searching in the default Internet app address bar or from a Google search dialog box? Which internet browser are you using if nt the default?

Welcome to the forums androidnewbie14. You seem like a nice couple. It's always nice to have Apple converts around.

I think I figured out the search thing. I'm using Chrome as my default search and I just use the regular chrome app to search. I went into the chrome settings and signed out of our Google account. It seems to have solved the problem and since I'm only signed out of Chrome I can still buy and/or download new and our previous apps and games.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones