• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BLUETOOTH and USB Hands free CAR STEREOS

samuelodog

Lurker
Mar 3, 2015
Hi all

I need a new car stereo.

I want one that I can play my music through - I use doubletwist and have a HTC one Mini 2.

Do you know a good one?

The hands free thing - anyone know how that works? What mic does it use?

And can you use the stereo whilst using the phone as Sat nav?

I want a stereo that I can go on a long journey with, use the phone as sat nav whilst listening to music wired or Bluetooth, and when a call comes in - I can take it easily through the stereo? A stereo that recognised playlists would also be great.

Any advice?

Was thinking a pioneer, but there are so many I'm confused!

Cheers!

I wrote about my limited experience with a single DIN pioneer here - http://androidforums.com/threads/blue-tooth-after-market-head-unit.899111/
I imagine the lower priced double DIN Pioneers would be very similar.
I've only answered the phone directly with it, not made calls. To answer I just push one button on the head unit. Too easy and works nicely. Nav directions come through the car speakers nicely.
I've never bothered with playlists. I just stream my music and hit the skip button to skip over whatever. I haven't actually used the USB port with a thumb drive either. I just Bluetooth with my phone.
Be nice if "OK Google" voice commands did more but I haven't got around to playing with them AND my head unit much. Been meaning to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones