1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth and WiFi not working together

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shalemail, Oct 31, 2014.

1. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

New development, as of Wednesday my moto x (which has never given me a days trouble) will no longer connect to WiFi when the Bluetooth is on, and will not connect to Bluetooth when WiFi is on, has to be one or the other. Craziest thing ever.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? I tried to see if a recent update to an app could have done it, but my last app update was like 15 apps. I will go one by one if I have to but thought I'd beat the bushes here see if anyone had ideas.

And yes, I have done a reset, I have checked my WiFi at home (even though this happens everywhere) I have re-set up my Bluetooth connections. It was simply luck that got me to the point of seeing that each works independent of the other but not simultaneously.

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

You said you did a reset - you mean a factory data reset or just a phone restart?

I suppose that you could try starting in safe mode. I believe that you start that way by long pressing power to bring up the shut down option on the menu, long-press on power off, and it asks if you want to restart in safe mode. That should rule out apps.

That's definitely not normal. BT and WiFi both use 2.4 GHz, but shouldn't interfere with each other that way.

3. PatK

PatK Lurker

So, I am having the same issue. It seems that internet is funneled through Bluetooth when enabled.

Seems to have started when trying PDANet+ and trying the bluetooth option. I have since uninstalled the app but I am guessing it must have "reconfigured" something in the WIFI stack. Anyway to verify or reset this?

4. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

When it happened to my X I tried everything. including but not limited to a factory re-set. It was a software issue as I am afraid yours might be. If that's the case (since mine was an OS level issue) the factory re-set did not change it, but since yours may be associated with an add on app. you might get lucky and it work for you.

That said, having to re-set and start over is never "easy" in fact it kinda sucks. Sorry this happened to you.

When the 5.0 update hit my original X it was fine from then on FYI - a friend of mine "borrowed " it for his 15 year old daughter and sadly she fell in love with it, I may never see it again. o_O

Anyway. you have reason to hold out hope it WILL get fixed at some point.

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews