• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth and WiFi not working together

shalemail

Android Expert
Jul 21, 2010
Under your bed
New development, as of Wednesday my moto x (which has never given me a days trouble) will no longer connect to WiFi when the Bluetooth is on, and will not connect to Bluetooth when WiFi is on, has to be one or the other. Craziest thing ever.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? I tried to see if a recent update to an app could have done it, but my last app update was like 15 apps. I will go one by one if I have to but thought I'd beat the bushes here see if anyone had ideas.

And yes, I have done a reset, I have checked my WiFi at home (even though this happens everywhere) I have re-set up my Bluetooth connections. It was simply luck that got me to the point of seeing that each works independent of the other but not simultaneously.

Any ideas?

You said you did a reset - you mean a factory data reset or just a phone restart?

I suppose that you could try starting in safe mode. I believe that you start that way by long pressing power to bring up the shut down option on the menu, long-press on power off, and it asks if you want to restart in safe mode. That should rule out apps.

That's definitely not normal. BT and WiFi both use 2.4 GHz, but shouldn't interfere with each other that way.

Upvote 0
New development, as of Wednesday my moto x (which has never given me a days trouble) will no longer connect to WiFi when the Bluetooth is on, and will not connect to Bluetooth when WiFi is on, has to be one or the other. Craziest thing ever.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? I tried to see if a recent update to an app could have done it, but my last app update was like 15 apps. I will go one by one if I have to but thought I'd beat the bushes here see if anyone had ideas.

And yes, I have done a reset, I have checked my WiFi at home (even though this happens everywhere) I have re-set up my Bluetooth connections. It was simply luck that got me to the point of seeing that each works independent of the other but not simultaneously.

Any ideas?

So, I am having the same issue. It seems that internet is funneled through Bluetooth when enabled.

Seems to have started when trying PDANet+ and trying the bluetooth option. I have since uninstalled the app but I am guessing it must have "reconfigured" something in the WIFI stack. Anyway to verify or reset this?

Upvote 0
So, I am having the same issue. It seems that internet is funneled through Bluetooth when enabled.

Seems to have started when trying PDANet+ and trying the bluetooth option. I have since uninstalled the app but I am guessing it must have "reconfigured" something in the WIFI stack. Anyway to verify or reset this?

When it happened to my X I tried everything. including but not limited to a factory re-set. It was a software issue as I am afraid yours might be. If that's the case (since mine was an OS level issue) the factory re-set did not change it, but since yours may be associated with an add on app. you might get lucky and it work for you.

That said, having to re-set and start over is never "easy" in fact it kinda sucks. Sorry this happened to you.

When the 5.0 update hit my original X it was fine from then on FYI - a friend of mine "borrowed " it for his 15 year old daughter and sadly she fell in love with it, I may never see it again. o_O

Anyway. you have reason to hold out hope it WILL get fixed at some point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones