• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth App one touch connect?

hairless

Jun 3, 2010
Hi folks,
does anyone know if there is a one touch app that can turn on the bluetooth and make it discoverable to save me going intom settings every time i want to connect the phone to my car as it is mote than a little annoying having to retether every time i pop out of the car.

There are many. The easiest is probably to long-press on the homepage, choose:

Widget->Settings->Bluetooth

This will install a little switch that lights-up when BT is enabled and toggles when you touch it. I have it on my main homepage for precisely the reason you need it for.

You don't need to make the device discoverable if you've already paired it, as far as I know (some external devices may need it, obviously).

Reactions: hairless
Upvote 0
Couple of other options -

Long press on empty screen (you need a space with the full width of the screen as the final widet is 4 icons across) - widget - power control

This is a strip of one touch controls for wifi, bluetooth, GPS, data and screen brightness. It is pretty useful to switch on and off main settings.

If you are feeling a bit more comfortable with using widgets, widgetsoid from the market allows you to make your own power strip widgets with whatever settings you want. I use this with a transparent background so I can see the wallpaper behind.

Upvote 0
Hi Hairless,

You can cheaply purchase Power Control Plus - I use it personally. Allows you to add separate widgets to:

a) Power Bluetooth On / Off
b) Place device in discoverable mode, and
c) Scan for other Bluetooth devices in range

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dave.

Everyone uses Power Control Plus, but I've found one called Widgetsoid (It's free and I don't earn money). I've never used Power control, but Widgetsoid lets you create a fully customised power control bar. 1by1, 2by, 1by2 e.t.c

EDIT: Sorry, repeated that but I hadn't looked at the post above xD

Upvote 0
As i have a Bluetooth car stereo i wanted a simple method of auto enabling Bluetooth whenever in the car.
An app called 'Tasker' sorted it for me. I have a 'Tasker' profile that automatically enables my Bluetooth whenever i connect the car charger, then as soon as i switch the car stereo on the devices connect. The Google Car Dock app 'Car Home' can be set to auto launch as well if you want. There is an option in it's settings to auto launch when a specified Bluetooth pairing is connected.

Upvote 0
Thanx Uridium the "Tasker" app sure looks powerfull, however with your sugested app in mind I also found a free app "Bluetooth Power Profile" which does exactly what i need and is free.
I recognises a car charger and automatically detects when it is connected and turns on the bluetooth, this also encourages me to connect my car charger and maintain battery power rather than being lazy and just turning bluetooth on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones