1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth audio (on headphones)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kanaida, Feb 28, 2011.

1. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    .Net and Android Programmer
    I see in the manual that this phone supports the following bluetooth profiles:
    HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP, OPP, PBAP, FTP

I'm on my second pair of bluetooth headphones/devices here, and I can't seem to get this crap to work.

I pair up the device, then can only use it as a headset for talking. I can't hear crap all when it comes to music. Now I know for V1.0 of the SDK they ran out of time and A2DP wasn't implemented, well we're not at API 1.0 anymore. I need to know if anyone's gotten this working of If we for ****ED/Lied to, AGAIN. just like we did with flash support.

Advertisement

2. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast
    None

GOOD LUCK MAN, i posted this same question bout a week ago and got plenty views but not 1 reply :)

3. kanaida

kanaida Android Expert
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    .Net and Android Programmer
    Transmitter | Sony 7.1 Receiver

not sure if it works, it's basically a 3.5mm -> Bluetooth direct adapter.
    I'm guessing you'd just press the pair button on the device, then your cheap $8 bluetooth headphones from hong kong and you're good to go.

But then again, there is a cheap no-name chinese verson of this thing on ebay somewhere so I don't break the bank :)

As fas as I can tell only people with the Blue Soleil software (that sometimes comes with usb bluetooth dongles) is the only thing with the A2DP profile that can send out music, maybe some home audio receivers too.

In theory this device would let me listen to my phone over bluetooth.

4. daveman

daveman Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    if your paired long press the device, then hit options. make sure media is checked.;)
    My ARWH1 works fine.

5. irha73

irha73 Member
    None

Apr 15, 2011
    @daveman I have this same issue with a Samsung WEP870 Bluetooth stereo headset. I went into the Options after pairing and the Media was already checked. But curiously, I toggled the checkbox and voila... the music started coming from the headset. I spent an hour searching for a solution and trying out different apps on Market. Thanks a lot.

Tags: