1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth audio poor?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by travishamockery, Mar 30, 2011.

1. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    So today was the first time I streamed Pandora in my car via bluetooth to my kenwood unit. On my X it was awesome quality. On the TBolt though I got tons of static, like the sound just broke up a lot. It wasn't connection issues causing stuttering, just poor quality audio.

Any ideas? Any one else noticing this? Curious if maybe I have a bunk phone.

Advertisement

2. cutter311

cutter311 Newbie
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    My phone connects via BT in my WRX, where I stream the music from my SD card and it also uses BT for hands-free calling...I have no issues @ all w/ the sound quality using the TB/Subaru BT connection for these actions.

3. skinien

skinien Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    I get a "crackle" every couple of seconds. I don't really notice it so much when I'm streaming music but when I'm listening to Howard Stern, it's more obvious.

Bluetooth calls are VERY clear and the person on the other end is nice and loud.

4. WildH

WildH Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    I unfortunately am one who has terrible call volume but great streaming...heck BT streaming sounds better than my direct usb drive. My only knock on the tb is HTC's inability to properly connect to Ford sync.....

5. travishamockery

None

Jul 11, 2010
    weird, so some have it, some don't. I'm wondering if it is bad software or if it is the phone hardware itself. i'm going to have to find someone else to connect theirs to my car and see if it is the same.

Call quality for me is perfect, no crackling. So it makes me feel like it's the A2DP stack in the phones software....

6. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Drafter
    DFW TX
    just depends on the phone and the car/bluetooth unit

mine works with no problems in my wifes mx-7 but has issues in my G35 every so often

7. EvilMonkey

EvilMonkey Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Pilot
    California
    I was having a problem streaming pandora via bluetooth to my car where it would tick/crack/pop really loudly when the song hit some high notes. I went in to the pandora settings and switching to high quality seems to have made the ticking go away. I might hear it once a song now instead of 10-20 times a chorus.

Sounds like you are getting a different sound but maybe they have the same solution.

8. travishamockery

None

Jul 11, 2010
    thanks for the idea, but I have that on already. tried with slacker radio and same issue. weird though cause phone calls don't have any problem.

9. jthomas06

jthomas06 Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    i have the same problem...pandora has a lot of static even when the stream quality is set to high. the call quality is great though...i hope theres a fix for this soon...

10. travishamockery

None

Jul 11, 2010
    haven't had a chance yet to test on my friends phone, tomorrow hopefully. still not positive if it is software or hardware related. I hear HTC has horrible bluetooth though.....

11. fourex60

fourex60 Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Maryland
    I to am having a similar problem with my Thunderbolt connecting to my Acura RL. The phone connects ok, and sound is good. But, if I try to play audio through a media player I get an extreme amount of static. As a note, I also have an iPhone 4, and with the same car the audio streams perfectly.

I am wondering if I should take the phone back and try another, I am still under the two week trial period.

12. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I have a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse with factory bluetooth and I have no issues with volume or connectivity.

13. esings2him

esings2him Lurker
    None

Feb 20, 2010
    Silent Thunder,
    Do you stream music over Bluetooth in your Traverse? And if so, how do you do it since they say you can't. Thanks!