1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth audio streaming causes freeze

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ILikeFones, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ILikeFones

ILikeFones Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    I recently installed an Alpine CDE 133BT deck into my car so that I could stream music over bluetooth and charge my phone via the USB port on the front of the deck.

I paired my phone to the deck and it successfully plays music with winamp over bluetooth for a while, but after 10-15 minutes it either "pauses" and cannot play again, or just stops playing with no error message, and winamp cannot play even when I turn off bluetooth.

Also, when I turn off bluetooth after this happens the message "Bluetooth Handsfree Device Disconnected" pops up and WILL not go away. I have to restart the phone to get rid of it.

Another problem I've had that maybe someone knows something about is that unless I have my alpine deck set to USB input for the music source it will not charge my phone. If I'm streaming BT music and have the USB plugged in my phone does not charge.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Advertisement

2. XSIV4ce1

XSIV4ce1 Lurker
    None

Feb 11, 2012
    I have a similar issue that is unresolved with using a Bluetooth speaker set in my garage. If I am playing music through Double Twist after a bit it stops playing the song. The program is still in play mode as the pause selector is available but it does not play as seen by the music timer. I can close Double Twist and restart and same same. Always have to cycle power on the phone to return to actually playing.

I can tell you this about your radio USB not charging...the USB has to be selected in order for the stereo to supply signal or in this case power to the outlet. Car stereo's don't work like a computer where everything is powered on all the time. If you select something else then it drives that output that is selected. Think of it this way, if you had a CD in the player and were listening to the radio it would eventually cause premature failure of the CD player if it continued to spin the CD while not in use. Same thought process for plugs on the newer radios. I found this out with a Pioneer DEH-P5100USB with bluetooth accessory.