• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Audio Stutter/Skip on Head Unit

Hi All,

I connect my LG G4 to 3 devices via bluetooth for audio streaming!

Device 1: a boombox radio, no bluetooth audio skipping. plays flawlessly
Device 2: a Pioneer Head Unit, no bluetooth audio skipping. plays flawlessly
Device 3: a JVC Head Unit, bluetooth audio skips and stutters every minute, or few seconds! It is bad!!!!

Here is the kicker! My wife also has an LG G4, Same Music Apps, same everything, and hers plays on the JVC Flawlessly!!! WTF!!!

I have been to many forums and found possible fixes with no real solution! Here is what has been done so far....
  • Updated/downgraded firmware on both LG4 and JVC.....No Success
  • Tried other music apps......................................................No Success
  • Cleared Cache and Re-Paired both devices.....................No Success
  • Leaving Screen ON...........................................................No Success
  • Turning Wifi Off..................................................................No Success
  • Tinkering with Developer options for optimizing performance....No Success
  • Turned off Bluetooth Scanning...........................................No Success
  • Turned off Battery Savers..................................................No Success
  • Factory Reset LG4 and JVC..............................................No Success

I cannot determine if it is my phone, the JVC Head Unit, something else?

Thanks for any insight!

I am having the same issue with my jvc car stereo. Only thing is, I have an iPhone that I connect to it. It has to be in the Bluetooth connection because my phone streams perfectly when not connected and the jvc plays radio fine. I am going to try some things from your list. I don’t know what else to try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones