• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth audio

spammeh_uk

Lurker
May 4, 2009
When I get in my car my phone pairs with my Parrot so I can make and recieve calls without using my phone.

My HTC Magic pairs with the device fine (it does take 5 mins or so to sync fully) and I am able to see my contact list and make calls from it without any problems. It puts the audio and the microphone through the Parrot system and its fine.

The problem occurs when I recieve a call unfortunately. The Parrot system realises I have an incoming call and cuts out my radio / cd in the car and rings as it should do. Unfortunately my phone also rings and when I accept the call (on either the phone or the parrot) it doesn't automatically put the call through the parrot. I have to use the phone and manually set the call to go through the bluetooth, which as you can appreciate is a bit fiddly whilst trying to drive.

I've had a look round for an app that sorts this, and checked the bluetooth settings on the phone but I've not been able to find anything as of yet that will solve the problem.

If anyone is able to help, I'd be very grateful. Thanks

I have locale set up to turn on bluetooth as soon as I get a call from several of my contacts. It usually auto-connects to my headset within a few seconds after the call connects.
I also have Useful Switchers set up in my notification bar using Bar Control. That only takes a swipe and two taps to turn on BT. There's a BT toggle app that just turns on BT, you could use that in combination with Bar Control.

Upvote 0
I know it's not much help, but mine works OK with the BT in my car (Ford Audio).

One thing it doesn't do, is access the contacts properly - I can see all the phone numbers, but no names are associated with them. Previous phone (N95) did this no problem.

I think there is some code (MVIc) ??? that G1 bt may not be able send or read yet and therefore cant process that info to the device for its use ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones