1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Audio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrt031079, May 3, 2012.

1. mrt031079

mrt031079 Lurker

Is there any way to keep the phone audio/sound on so that I continue to get notifications through my bluetooth headset without the sound going out the external speaker on the phone? I know I can put the phone on vibrate or silence, but then I no longer get notifications through my bluetooth headset.

I am using a Jawbone Era bluetooth headset,

Thanks

2. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

Geesh,
    I'm thinking you need to get a "BT Stereo Headset" for this; that without a customized ROM, there is no "routing" of the non-call audio like what you want. I could be wrong there.

If you are listening to audio / music in a car and want to be hands-free, my recommendation would be to get a BT Stereo for the car and use it to make / receive calls (mine has a nice external mic I clip to the visor). That way all the music (Pandora) and Google Nav, notifications, etc and incoming / outgoing calls are all coordinated audio-wise. No fumbling while driving.:driver:

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews