1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth audio

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by randyccm, Aug 5, 2013.

1. randyccm

randyccm Lurker

quick question, I have a samsung galaxy 3 and I have paired it with my aftermarket car stero. The bluetooth connection says it is connected to phone and to audio but I can't get it to play music through my car. I checked my wife's 2013 Honda Odessey and I can pair the phone but again can't play music. I downloaded an app called mono bluetooth which gets music to play through my car but it sounds terrible. I can pair my bluetooth workout headphones and it sounds great. Any help or ideas would be wonderful. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. (maybe I should just purchase an adapter)

Advertisement

2. randyccm

randyccm Lurker

one more note, when I'm connected via bluetooth when I play a song on Google Music it there is no sound coming from the phone or the car

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Hi Randyccm welcome to AF. :)

I think that tells me what the problem is. Your aftermarket car stereo doesn't support the A2DP high quality stereo music Bluetooth profile. It only has the mono headset profile, which is meant for hands-free phone calls., and that's why the music sounds terrible. Don't know what you can really do about it though, except perhaps using a hard wired connection or changing the car system to one that does support A2DP stereo music via BT.

Which stereo is it, got a URL, so we can possibly check the specs for you, we're looking for "A2DP". Is there anything in the manual about this?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Maybe a limitation or feature of the Google Music app. Possibly DRM because the RIAA thinks you might be a thief, keep the music within the phone or hard wired headphones only, That's just a guess, I don't use Google Music.