1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Bluetooth auto switching between devices on call

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by adski13, Jun 14, 2012.

1. adski13

adski13 New Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Hi guys!

Been browsing the forums for a while but I've got such an odd setup/requirement I can't find anything that covers it.

I've got Bluetooth hands free in my car which connects and works fine. I also have a aux in for listening to music but having trailing cables was getting on my nerves. As a result I bought a Bluetooth stereo receiver to use both at home with my Hi-Fi and in my car (it's got a battery so lets me stream music over Bluetooth from my sofa or on the move and works a treat).

"Brilliant!" I thought. "This is like living in the future!" :p But as you may have worked out by now, this has led to a slight snag...When streaming music over Bluetooth via the stereo adapter I loose the ability to take calls via the car's hands free kit! Doh!

There seem to be apps to automatically turn Bluetooth on when a call is received and off at the end but nothing to switch from one Bluetooth device to another. Does anyone have any bright ideas or have I created myself a problem without a solution by trying to be clever?

Adam

P.S. in case it makes any difference I'm using a Samsung SGS2 with the latest Litening Rom (ICS).

Advertisement