• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Battery Consumption

Jayinla

May 6, 2010
Hi all. I was curious if anyone had any data on how much the battery gets eaten up by leaving bluetooth enabled but not active? I like to keep it enabled as it automatically connects with my car stereo when my engine is started. I do know that when connected it eats battery, but am hoping it's the opposite with it just enabled but not connected.

Hi all. I was curious if anyone had any data on how much the battery gets eaten up by leaving bluetooth enabled but not active? I like to keep it enabled as it automatically connects with my car stereo when my engine is started. I do know that when connected it eats battery, but am hoping it's the opposite with it just enabled but not connected.

Yeah I was wondering this too... is it like the GPS sensor where its not really doing anything until its being used?

Upvote 0
I personally will not shut any features of my phone off because I feel it defeats the purpose of having something like this. However, after several days of watching how much juice BT eats up while inactive, I now turn that off when not in the car. It's really a much bigger hog than you'd think. As much as it pains me, I added the BT widget to my home screen, but it really is a pain in the neck to remember to turn it on when I get in the car. I'll be picking up a larger battery soon, maybe then I can stop worrying about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones