1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Bluetooth Battery Consumption

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jayinla, May 25, 2010.

1. Jayinla

Jayinla Member

May 6, 2010
    Hi all. I was curious if anyone had any data on how much the battery gets eaten up by leaving bluetooth enabled but not active? I like to keep it enabled as it automatically connects with my car stereo when my engine is started. I do know that when connected it eats battery, but am hoping it's the opposite with it just enabled but not connected.

Advertisement

2. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010

Yeah I was wondering this too... is it like the GPS sensor where its not really doing anything until its being used?

3. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Cali
    even while on it constantly scans for devices its paired to, i recommend turning it off while not in use

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    This.

I was leaving mine on and it does indeed chew up the batter. I've been turning it off now for about a week or so, and have seen improved battery life. I just fire it up when I'm in my car.

5. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I personally will not shut any features of my phone off because I feel it defeats the purpose of having something like this. However, after several days of watching how much juice BT eats up while inactive, I now turn that off when not in the car. It's really a much bigger hog than you'd think. As much as it pains me, I added the BT widget to my home screen, but it really is a pain in the neck to remember to turn it on when I get in the car. I'll be picking up a larger battery soon, maybe then I can stop worrying about it.