1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Bluetooth can't see files, only folders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AllThingsPure, Feb 14, 2011.

1. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member
    None

Galaxy S 2.1-update1 2.6.29 root@SE0S604#2 ECLAIR.DXJG4

I connect my Windows PC to my Galaxy S. In My Computer, I could see my phone (just one folder and not one for each SD card), When I click it, it seems to be browsing through the internal SD card. I can see all the folders and sub-folders. But I can't see a single file. All the folders show 0 files.

Is there something wrong?

Thanks.

PS: My PC has zero Samsung software installed. It's just plain Windows 7.

Advertisement

2. AndroidAttacks

None

Jul 11, 2011
    i have the same problem and found a work around (not practical if you need to transfer a lot of files):

There is an App called My Files (i think, i have the dutch version Mijn Bestanden), there you can see all your files. Apparently each file has a property with which it can be made visible for BlueTooth, e.g if you go to DCIM/Camera/ folder , then click on More you will see BT visibility. Default apparently each file is set to Off !!
    Unfortunately, you cannot set the visibility of the upper folder, to include all files.....so it's a lot of work for all your pictures or music....:(

3. EmiOokami

EmiOokami Lurker
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    Hi there!
    I have a Galaxy S as well and I had the same problem. But i found out how to fix it. Go in to applications and my files, and look for the list that the file (you want to see at the computer) are. Poke at the menu botton -> "more" and chose "bluetooth visibility". And NOW comes the lame part... There is no botton that says "choose all" so you have to choose one file at the time. It take a long time if you want to see all your files at your computer.

It works for me but I think it is easyer to use the coard or put the card in to the pc.

I hope it will work for you and that you understand my poor english.
    //Emelie