1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Capabilities

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ralber, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ralber

ralber Newbie

Our company makes a battery-powered device that captures an image and does some photoshop-like processing to analyze the image. We'd prefer to build a much-dumber image capture device that can send the image wirelessly to an Android phone for processing and transfer to a remote server.

My question is whether Bluetooth is robust enough to send data like .jpgs back and forth between the capture device and an Android phone. Can anybody assure me this is feasible or warn me that Bluetooth isn't the right medium to establish a 2-way transfer link (yes, we do need to send data to the image capture device).

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. jae_63

jae_63 Android Enthusiast

I don't know the details, but I've looked into Android Bluetooth programming a bit, due to my frustration at the lack of a really good remote control (or better yet, an Android port of Salling Clicker).

Given the depth of your investment, I'd suggest Wifi rather than Bluetooth. This is especially true if older Android devices would need to be supported, since the Bluetooth SDK has changed a bit through OS revisions.

You should probably wait for a better-informed opinion, than mine, though.

HTH ...