1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth Car Audio and Mic Turned Off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SupersizeChris, Aug 25, 2012.

1. SupersizeChris

Hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a bluetooth reciever for my car to stream the media and calls from my phone through the car stereo. Music works fine, and the sound from the call comes through the speakers great as well. But unfortunately the sound doesnt pick up from the mic on the phone., Is there a setting or app to force the mic 'on' when the bluetooth is connected. I dont seem to ba able to get one to work at all.

Cheers

Chris

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rod9669

rod9669 Android Enthusiast

I'm having issues as well- it appears that if it connects with a headphones symbol I get media through bluetooth, but calls through the 'phone only. If it connects as a headset (headphones symbol but with a mouth mic as well) it all goes through the bluetooth. There doesn't seem to be an option in the bluetooth menu to define what type of connection you have

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Is your bluetooth receiver built into the stereo or is it a separate device that works through the stereo. Either way did you receive a microphone with it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

4. SupersizeChris

It's a separate device. Is just a Bluetooth receiver that connects to the aux socket if the stereo. There's no option to add a Mic, which is why I was hoping there is a fix possible forcing the phone Mic on.

5. anthgav

What's the model number of the device your using?

6. anthgav

After reading some other pages and looking through the settings on my phone it seems that you are unable to select your choice of microphone, the only option I believe would be to use a device that has its own mic.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews