• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Car Audio and Mic Turned Off

Hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a bluetooth reciever for my car to stream the media and calls from my phone through the car stereo. Music works fine, and the sound from the call comes through the speakers great as well. But unfortunately the sound doesnt pick up from the mic on the phone., Is there a setting or app to force the mic 'on' when the bluetooth is connected. I dont seem to ba able to get one to work at all.

Cheers

Chris

I'm having issues as well- it appears that if it connects with a headphones symbol I get media through bluetooth, but calls through the 'phone only. If it connects as a headset (headphones symbol but with a mouth mic as well) it all goes through the bluetooth. There doesn't seem to be an option in the bluetooth menu to define what type of connection you have

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones